Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

New User

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 18:01 Reply with quoteBack to top

theredscout posts:

I am pretty new to the Elias material. I have some hesitations with channeled stuff on some personal level, but the manner in which I have seen Elias explainmanifestations and creativity seemed very clear and understandable to me. I was excited to find this forum at first, and wanted to ask questions about how people have been able to change their lives with this material and information. I have to admit that I was disappointed to see a lot of negativity on here that goes unchecked. Hopefully, this forum can still be useful to some, rather than people having to continually fight off personal attacks and flat out name-calling. Honestly, I have some doubts in my mind about how this material can be applied, but I would like to be able to have an intelligent discussion about the same. Here's to hoping this can happen!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 18:21 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gilla posts:

Hi theredscout,

welcome aboard. Since you have some hesitations with channeled stuff I daresay you have not yet read much of the Elias material. Therefore I would suggest to start with reading Elias sessions http://www.eliasweb.org/transcripts/ or with the Elias digest http://www.eliasforum.org/digests.html#J since otherwise it might be a bit difficult to discuss the Elias material on a level playing field.

Gilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 19:20 Reply with quoteBack to top

theredscout posts:

Thanks Anna, I appreciate the response. I have been reading through a lot of the transcripts, but am by no means an expert. I have been going through a lot of changes in my personal life, some of which were traumatic. I can see in retrospect that I was definitely at least partially responsible for the creating of the situations. I lost my job at a big company a few months ago. It was extremely stressful, yet paid well. Before it all went down, I put out a very strong intention to not have to go to that job, and to do another type of work from home, at least for a while. Lo and behold, bam!

Further, a couple of weeks ago, I was getting upset at not having enough work to do to keep me busy while I look for another position. I was reading the Elias transcripts, and really started being aware of where I was putting my perception. Since then, I have had more work come to me that I can really handle. This work doesn't pay as much as I would like, and it's part time, but that's what I put out there so I can't complain.

I guess I am having issues understanding the difference between perception and thought, and the noticing of self. I read one transcript about the energy of comparing, and this had a huge impact on me, because I realized how much I engaged in this behavior. I guess I am trying to figure out the mechanics of how this all works, because I have experienced it working for me in different ways. Any suggestions of specific transcripts would be welcome. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 20:30 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gilla posts:

http://www.eliasforum.org/digests/trusting_self.html = trusting self
http://www.eliasforum.org/digests/attention.html = attention
http://www.eliasforum.org/digests/appreciation.html = appreciation

Thank you for sharing your recent personal job creations with the forum. I wish you much success.

I can’t tell you which topic was most instructive for me. They are all very fascinating for me. I am translating them from the Elias digest into German according to topics, but I’d say the trusting self thread was very important for me. I used to be afraid that my inner self might decide on something which my ego shall thoroughly dislike and in the meantime I have come to trust my inner self and that provided a deep sense of security for me.

Gilla (that’s my real name. Anna is the avatar name I chose for the forum)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Jacobean posts:

Hello theredscout

Regardless of the negativity you notice on the forum, posting your questions about the E material and YCYOR may lead you to some interesting insights. One of the many observations Elias makes is that engaging in conflict is just as meaningful as engaging in harmonious exchange. Both can be revealing, both can be valuable. As you know, it's entirely your choice how you engage, respond to and view the interactions you have.

I'd be interested to read more about the hesitations you have regarding channeled material. I think many feel an attraction/repulsion (instinct vs logic, let's say) to channeled information and a post along those lines might allow quite a bit of exploration…

BTW, noticing negativity is one of the things most people are struck by regarding this forum. Your post reminded me of my first post, which I'll copy/paste below:

Jacobean wrote:
This is my first post. Have to say, I'm disappointed by what I've read on this site. However, I'm pleased Markus began this particular thread, as it strikes to the heart of my disappointment.

Markus, clearly there do exist people who are genuinely interested in discussing Elias' messages.

I joined BlueFlash a couple of days ago (and found you in response to an impulse) because I want to discuss Elias' messages (or any of the ghosts' messages, as you call them….) but what I read here is that most of you have missed the essential (!) point Elias makes.

Recap of core Elias message: We are being encouraged to explore our selves. There is no guru to reveal ourselves to ourselves. Within each of us we see aspects of ourself, as we are all connected. Noticing this is at the core of the Shift.

In efficiently navigating the Shift, Elias suggests we speak to each other about our personal experiences arising from this inner seeking…. to help us reveal ourselves to ourselves. But what I read here is a great wrangle and jangle about which ghost gives the best info, which ghost resonates the most, which ghost is the best ghost and so on!

Irrelevant.

Many of you are engaged in baring your teeth on this forum - manifesting your conflict, arising from attachment to your belief systems - but open discussion of the belief systems causing you to bare your teeth (ie belief in the existence of Gurus…?) might be of more interest to those not wanting to participate in your dog fight.

Maybe we can take this forum somewhere interesting.

That was May 2012. I've enjoyed my explorations on this forum, had some fascinating discussions, learnt a great deal about myself and explored many subjects here that I might not have been able to elsewhere.

I wish you an equally beneficial experience. Follow your impulses and all will be well Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:48 Reply with quoteBack to top

perseus posts:

theredscout wrote:

I guess I am having issues understanding the difference between perception and thought, and the noticing of self. I read one transcript about the energy of comparing, and this had a huge impact on me, because I realized how much I engaged in this behavior. I guess I am trying to figure out the mechanics of how this all works, because I have experienced it working for me in different ways. Any suggestions of specific transcripts would be welcome. Thanks.

Welcome Red, here is a list of sessions on Perception. Not as relates to thought necessarily, just thought I'd share. The second link is to sessions that relate to thought:
http://www.eliasweb.org/Index/index-link.php?headword=Perception

http://www.eliasweb.org/Index/index-link.php?headword=Thought
~Enjoy! Cool

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic