Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

navigating

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 19:16 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Am I missing something? I just discovered I can't get back to main page…introduction…dictionary or any of those other pages….from here in the Forums.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 21:08 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

you dont have tabs at the top of the page?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 21:33 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Those tabs only show when I'm a 'guest' and not logged in. Once I'm logged in, they do not show up. The big wide blue band that says 'Exploring The Shift' is at the very top….no tabs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 22:03 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

hehehe…..weird board….OR, weird sylvii's reality.

Trying to get pages to open in here (quite often) is like 'trying to pull teeth that won't come out', even though I have broadband. This last time, I had to just close out pages…wouldn't open any….then, when I came back (not logged in)….got the page I get when logged out/guest…..and, yet it showed me logged in (even though I wasn't). That one has happend two or three times.

Perhaps, I just have strange energy expressing? Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 22:11 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

yea, i dont have that problem at all.

sometimes the board will freeze for a few moments but thats pretty normal in my experience.

So yea syvii, what are you doing with you energy?

whats the cause of that effect? Grinning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 22:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Maybe it's like this? glasses

Or, maybe it's just like Elias said how individuals will experience different types of 'unfamiliar' expressions….including 'electrical or electronic'.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 23:17 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

"Maybe it's like this? glasses "

thats a mirror action.

Very Happy

hmm
Is the image you see in the mirror caused by your image you place in front of the mirror?
Or, is your image you place in front of the mirror caused by the image you see in the mirror?

well, at least now you see why they would never hire me to work tech support Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 0:58 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

Rob_Niven wrote:
thats a mirror action.

Very Happy

hmm
Is the image you see in the mirror caused by your image you place in front of the mirror?
Or, is your image you place in front of the mirror caused by the image you see in the mirror?

Is the image you see in the mirror a 'mirror action' or is it a reflection? Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 14:11 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

The main tabs are only in the BlueFlash and FISubSilverShadow skins. In a few of the other skins when you click on "exploring the shift" it will bring you back to the homepage. And with some skins you'll have to get back manually.

(If you tell me with which skins you have problems, I'll add a link to home to those).

Markus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 14:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

It's ok, Markus, you don't have to go to any extra work….I can manage….very adaptable….and, nope, I don't use either of those skins. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 18:29 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

You know what? I think I'll just try another skin….blue is not my preference…even though the skin I've been using ('clean') is white and blue.

Is there a way I can change and make contrast between text and background in the HyperShadow skin? or, are all skins 'set' into structure that can't be changed?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 21:46 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

sylvii wrote:
You know what? I think I'll just try another skin….blue is not my preference…even though the skin I've been using ('clean') is white and blue.

Is there a way I can change and make contrast between text and background in the HyperShadow skin? or, are all skins 'set' into structure that can't be changed?

The skins are as they are … they only can be changed in the html code on the server (which only the admin guy (i.e. me Grinning) can do).

Markus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 21:56 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

No problem…..I was just wanting to post something…like I said, I'm adaptable…(still using the 'clean' skin).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 22:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

You may now notice a "Home" link in Clean below the blueflash bar. Also the big "exploring the shift" links back to the homepage.

Markus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 22:16 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Hooray! thanks, Markus! you didn't have to do that just because of my 'whining'… LOL (sometimes I talk just to hear myself talk)
…but thanks anyway! saves logging out and then logging back in.

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic