Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Hi folks, interested in what Elias has to say but......

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 13:47 Reply with quoteBack to top

Douglas posts:

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Came to Elias through Seth. I'm still not 100% sure about the material. I think it has has a lot of validity but I'm wary of accepting anything verbatum due to the distortion of information which is unavoidable with any source such as this.

Now, I am not a close minded 'skeptic' (I have had several OBEs).

However, I still have some concerns that 'Elias' doesnt seem to be able to provide any means of validating his existence or giving us any verifiable information.

For example, while he can write long tracts telling you minute details of your other focuses, such as their jobs, where they lived, what occupations and interests they have and so on, if you asked him about details of your *current* life, I'd bet he couldnt tell you a thing.

Now, I have read that Elias claims that he is NOT a mind reader. So he doesnt have access to all your present life details, apart from what you tell him. However, how is it then that he can tell you all about your other focuses? It all seems very convenient as he only tells you facts that you cannot verify.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Regards
Douglas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 16:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

denise posts:

i don't take anything verbatim either. i pick and choose what resonates with me from a variety of sources such as elias and i can't say that i jive with everything any one of them says 100%. and the good "teachers", in my opinion, express that we should be paying attention to what resonates with us or not, and leave it up to us to choose. they don't want to be put on a pedestal as 100% anything.

now when you say elias isn't a mind reader and so he doesn't have access to present life details unless you tell him - that doesn't resonate with me, but that's only one opinion. i think there might be a few people here who agree with that, but in my experience, he is aware of our current circumstances, but it is via energy and not via our thoughts, per se. could you point me towards a session where elias talk about not being a mind reader? i'm curious what my perception of it would be now. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 17:57 Reply with quoteBack to top

lennyseeker posts:

denise wrote:
i don't take anything verbatim either. i pick and choose what resonates with me from a variety of sources such as elias and i can't say that i jive with everything any one of them says 100%. and the good "teachers", in my opinion, express that we should be paying attention to what resonates with us or not, and leave it up to us to choose. they don't want to be put on a pedestal as 100% anything.

now when you say elias isn't a mind reader and so he doesn't have access to present life details unless you tell him - that doesn't resonate with me, but that's only one opinion. i think there might be a few people here who agree with that, but in my experience, he is aware of our current circumstances, but it is via energy and not via our thoughts, per se. could you point me towards a session where elias talk about not being a mind reader? i'm curious what my perception of it would be now. Smile

There are many instances in the transcripts where Elias shows he's aware of people's thoughts, feelings, and life circumstances. As Denise says, Elias says he reads our energy, not our thoughts. Wink

Warmly, Otho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 18:39 Reply with quoteBack to top

Kimi Kaio posts:

With any material, it's what you resonate with. I don't think anyone is distortion free.

2 instances I can think of at the moment where Elias does know my current focus or circumstances.

1 - I asked him a question about a certain number amount and he responded and gave a different number. But when I looked at my notes, I had asked the wrong number and he gave the correct one.

2 - I ran out of saying probable solutions to a problem and asked the last one. He said (not in exact words), I'm aware that if you knew that was the cause… I had to laugh. He knew. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 19:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

Douglas posts:

Hmm, I need to find out where I read that he says he is NOT a mind reader. It definitely says so somewhere.

The insights into thoughts and feelings makes sense though.

I think there will always be a grey area where it is difficult to separate Mary from Elias, as Elias admits himself. Mary, who grew up on the Seth material no doubt, will have her own conscious and unconscious interpretations of the info coming through and this will colour the information to some extent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:07 Reply with quoteBack to top

denise posts:

Douglas wrote:
I think there will always be a grey area where it is difficult to separate Mary from Elias, as Elias admits himself. Mary, who grew up on the Seth material no doubt, will have her own conscious and unconscious interpretations of the info coming through and this will colour the information to some extent.

sure. and the catch-22 is that the more i look for the interpretations to be colored, the more potential i have for creating that in my reality because i concentrate on it… it can be quite a tangled web shifty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:17 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

Douglas wrote:
Hmm, I need to find out where I read that he says he is NOT a mind reader. It definitely says so somewhere.

NANCY: Do you read my mind? How does the energy exchange happen and stuff? I can feel something in your presence, but I just wonder … if it’s as simple as you can read my mind, then I’ll just drop everything that I’m thinking and just … ‘cause I know I still have a certain amount of my personality here, and I’d just as soon drop that and just go kind of like right for the good stuff, you know, and leave me out of it.

ELIAS: (Chuckling) But you ARE the good stuff!

NANCY: Oh! Okay! (They both laugh)

ELIAS: Let me express to you that within physical focus, this would be one of your inner senses, which you term to be telepathy. This would be the action of what you think of as reading another individual’s mind. In actuality it is a subjective communication that you hold with other individuals, that you allow yourself development of in recognizing the communication objectively, knowing what is being communicated.

I do not participate in this type of action. I am interactive with each individual in a subjective manner, but within an energy exchange. Therefore, there are no thoughts attached to the exchange in which I am participating with you. This be the reason that you speak audibly to me, and I speak audibly through Michael to you. That offers you the opportunity simultaneously to be engaging in objective awareness and understanding; asking questions and receiving responses to your questioning.

The reason for this objective exchange, that you speak and I speak, is that within physical focus, once you begin to be opening your awareness and opening to your periphery you become impatient, and you are wishing for your answers objectively immediately. Therefore, it is insufficient to you within your belief systems that there merely be a subjective exchange.

You wish to hold answers objectively. In an understanding of this, I have chosen to be interactive with individuals objectively, allowing for their objective questioning and my objective interaction with them. But in actuality, more of the exchange occurs within energy. This is the element that you feel, the energy that you experience. Although you may not objectively attach thoughts or reasoning to this feeling, there IS an exchange of energy. S293

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:21 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

ELIAS: Let me express to you that individuals within physical focus move in the direction of their thought processes, and in this, this is your form of communication. You think to yourselves that my interaction with you shall be moving in the direction of a telepathic exchange, or that I am “mind-reading.”
In actuality, we have engaged in an exchange this day, but not necessarily specifically in relation to the questions that you may pose within this session, for I am interactive with you in a subjective manner, and in this, I am not interactive with your thought process. I am not reading your mind and interacting with you telepathically. This is much too inefficient!

I am interactive with you within energy, which needs much less translation than your actual thoughts. Therefore, as you are projecting and forming thought processes in questioning or merely in speaking to me, I am interactive with your ENERGY. S322

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:23 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

TERRI: Good afternoon! So have you been enjoying listening to our bantering and trying to figure things out together?

ELIAS: (Laughs) I’m not a mind reader or an eavesdropper, but I am aware of your energies.

TERRI: I thought around sessions you were just kind of naturally there and observing.

ELIAS: I am, but not in the manner that you think of. S3017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

VICKI: Well, let me ask you: Conceivably then, we could sit here in complete silence and ask our questions just by thinking about them?

ELIAS: Yes, as I have expressed previously, but this would not be beneficial to you all.

VICKI: It wouldn't be a matter of what we would all automatically assume, that you would be "reading our minds?"

ELIAS: Absolutely not!

VICKI: It's a matter of somehow you interpret energy …

ELIAS: Correct.

VICKI: … and it seems to interpret quite literally …

ELIAS: Absolutely!

VICKI: … which is interesting to me.

ELIAS: It is quite proficient!

VICKI: Hmm! So this assumption we've been under for a long time, that when you talked to Cathy on the telephone once that Mary's ear worked, this was really not the way it was?

ELIAS: Correct. I am not operating through Michael's physical senses.

VICKI: So, it just matters not. It does not matter what Mary's condition is in any way, shape or form, basically …

ELIAS: Correct. S243

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:31 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

ELIAS: This I shall validate to you. I have expressed from the onset of these sessions that my interaction with all of you occurs much more directedly and intensely within energy and subjectively than does it in the objective direction. The objective expression is merely a prop, so to speak. It is a presentation for your objective benefit, for you occupy your attention in objective directions and you assimilate much of your information objectively first. In this, you look to your validations through objective means.

MERRIE: ‘Cause I saw in one of your transcripts where Vicki said in the transcript, “Oh, Elias is reading my mind again.” So I guess you were answering questions that she hadn’t even verbally asked yet. Do you know what we’re going to ask before we ask it?

ELIAS: It is not necessarily a situation of telepathy. I am not engaging in the action of reading your minds, so to speak, in your vernacular. I am engaged with your energy and I assess the directions that you move into within your own creations of your own probabilities, and in this, you may term this to be reading your energy, not necessarily your thought process.

For what you view in this exchange objectively may also be considered to be a sort of illusion, for it appears within objective physical focus that there is occurring a thought process that I am projecting to you, emotional qualities and a thought process that I project and interact with you. In actuality, I hold no thought process, but merely an energy exchange. The thought process, or the language translation, is a translation of energy into physical aspects that you may comprehend in a manner that you are familiar with.

If I were to be projecting my energy into a sphere and bouncing before you crackling strange sounds, you would not assimilate and understand the information being offered to you, for it would not be within the realm of your language, which is your officially accepted reality within this particular dimension. Were I to speak to you within another language of another dimension, it would hold no meaning to you within this objective dimension, for it is not your language.

Just as you may not assimilate information objectively if offered that information within a language of your physical planet that you do not understand, you also do not understand the language of energy within your physical focus, for you have intentionally forgotten for the purity of your physical experience within this dimension. You may not offer yourself the purity of an experience if you hold a remembrance that this may not truly be all that there is. S316

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:42 Reply with quoteBack to top

Douglas posts:

Thank you Daal. Interesting samples. Thanks for taking the time on this.

It does seem that Elias is not involved in 'reading thoughts' as such, it's more direct than that.

On a related note of direct subjective communications, it used to worry me when Elias describes his level of awareness as not holding thought or emotion. This sounded very bleak to me, but only until the penny dropped that what we call thought processes and emotions are actually translations of energy into physical reality, a means of communicating ourselves to ourselves.

In Elias's, and our, natural state, these elements are not required because the communication, the expression, is immediate and direct. Far from being bleak, it actually points towards a level of awareness far beyond anything we experience in the physical. In fact, it is our physical selves that can seem bleak in comparison.

I think that during peak experiences, we do get glimpses of this higher awareness but it is always fleeting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 15:57 Reply with quoteBack to top

denise posts:

thank you, thank you, daal! my curiosity is more than satisfied now… cheer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 21:54 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

Douglas wrote:
I'm still not 100% sure about the material. I think it has has a lot of validity but I'm wary of accepting anything verbatum due to the distortion of information which is unavoidable with any source such as this.

Maybe you never will be 100% sure about the material. I know I'm not and that's after exposing myself to it for ten yrs now. I guess there are many approaches to take with it. What works best for me is to treat it as a good but imperfect information source, just as I treat newspaper and magazine articles or even text books. In the early years, I read hundreds of sessions. Nowadays I mostly just data mine with specific questions in mind prompted by my own inward explorations. As I read him, Elias' primary purpose is to assist us in expanding our own awareness. To me, this means doing the work of looking within self and finding my own path of discovery. I have found the material to be of tremendous help and guidance in that regard. All manner of exercises, methods and explanations are offered. The information is there for our individual use and many of the concepts presented I have been able to verify to my personal satisfaction which, of course, is subjective.

Quote:
I still have some concerns that 'Elias' doesn't seem to be able to provide any means of validating his existence or giving us any verifiable information. For example, while he can write long tracts telling you minute details of your other focuses, such as their jobs, where they lived, what occupations and interests they have and so on, if you asked him about details of your *current* life, I'd bet he couldn't tell you a thing.

I agree with you. There was a session many years ago where the participant afterwards claimed that he had given completely false information to Elias regarding his background, family members and the like. Accordingly, anything Elias said with reference to those details was erroneous. What to make of that? As I recall, Elias' only comment when told about the deception was something to the effect that it was the participant's loss. What was that supposed to mean? I don't know and yet I am not perturbed because the way I use the material works very well for me.

Quote:
Now, I have read that Elias claims that he is NOT a mind reader. So he doesn't have access to all your present life details, apart from what you tell him. However, how is it then that he can tell you all about your other focuses? It all seems very convenient as he only tells you facts that you cannot verify.

Yep. He NEVER gives solid information that can be independently verified.

Quote:
Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Not me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 21:55 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

denise wrote:
thank you, thank you, daal! my curiosity is more than satisfied now… cheer

My pleasure. Smile

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic