Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

New to Elias, keen to embark on all there is to know.

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 20:48 Reply with quoteBack to top

BattyOldMaid posts:

Hello, I have just discovered Elias and am currently reading "The Shift" by David Tate. I have been very dissatisfied with the way our society has progressed, how people are right now but unable to know why, or understand why I am very indifferent, I am a loner by nature and choice, but once a friend is found in me I am loyal Grinning

I look forward to reading all that is linked here, and to read everyones experiences, perspective and theory.

Batty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 0:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

Hi Batty. Welcome to BF. I thot Llanharan sounded Irish, my heritage, so I looked it up. Wales…so we cud be cousins of some kind if we go back maybe 50 generations. Ha Ha Look forward to ur perspective on Elias or "E" as we often refer to him around here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 0:39 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bennett posts:

BattyOldMaid wrote:
I am a loner by nature and choice, but once a friend is found in me I am loyal Grinning

Me too! Enjoy your time here and have FUN thumb thumb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:23 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

sumari/milumet essence families
intermediate orientation
political focus

those are my first impressions of you. .. oh, and female, batty, and old..possibly were employed as a maid at one time or another? Grinning,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:23 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Hi Batty, so you are dissatisfied with the world today huh, well Elias says the polarity liberal vs conservative, Muslim vs the West, Fundamental Christian vs the rest of us, etc is shift
caused, at this early stage, obviously not at the end though thank God. Welcome to the Blueflash debating society!

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Hi Batty

A hello from Germany waving

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 17:39 Reply with quoteBack to top

Dolphin42 posts:

Hi Batty
Love your name! Hello from Texas! Shari

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 19:28 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gunslinger posts:

Welcome to Blueflash, from your Welsh cousin from the US. Don't listen to folks that tell you we debate anything around here. Of course we all walk around like mindless android slaves of Elias.

NOT! Grinning

Todd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:30 Reply with quoteBack to top

BattyOldMaid posts:

Thank you all for the welcome, I am a Geordie lass born and bred (Newcastle upon Tyne) moved to Wales to marry Mark. His father's family are born and bred in Wales but father moved to Hull and Mark moved back to Wales. Both my boys were born here in Wales. However family trees have shown that I do have ancestors back in Ireland and Scotland. So still could be related even though I am not welsh born.

Batty - because I am, for those who don't understand me I come across as 'strange' for those who know I do have a sense of humour but very wry and dry.

Old Maid - my favourite Bette Davis film.

Heh heh, sorry no underlying clues to my past life.

Tell me more about the

Quote:
intermediate orientation
political focus

I, of course will at some point in looking through this site, will find out, but am curious.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 16:20 Reply with quoteBack to top

Calotcha posts:

BattyOldMaid wrote:
Hello, I have just discovered Elias and am currently reading "The Shift" by David Tate. I have been very dissatisfied with the way our society has progressed,

Welcome to my and your world. Grinning

Quote:
how people are right now but unable to know why, or understand why I am very indifferent, I am a loner by nature and choice, but once a friend is found in me I am loyal Grinning

Hey, don't worry! What matters is that you be yourself. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 16:28 Reply with quoteBack to top

Calotcha posts:

Dolphin42 wrote:
Hi Batty
Love your name! Hello from Texas! Shari

Shari, I just moved to Texas….but really want to go back to beautiful Southern CA. Confused

Any rich woman who would like a silly but very interesting guy with her back there in CA? Very Happy Grinning

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:20 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Quote:
Batty posts

Quote:
intermediate orientation
political focus

I, of course will at some point in looking through this site, will find out, but am curious.

Batty I can give you a clue, if you are intermediate , then you will disagree with everything I say Smile, as I am common. and you will agree with everything the intermediates and softs say. They are not bothered in the least by ELias contradictiing himself, or if it doesnt add up becuse it does add up for them. Commons are more likely to be a more questioining, more into analyzing the material with a somewhat skeptical , more rational approach.

Im not sure what the soft approach is exactly, but they definitely seem to understand the material better than I do because they are closer to the subjective state than commons who have a more impenetrable veil of separation between their thinking conscioius mind and the inner self. THey seem to experience it easier. So although many here disagree with this, I think you have a good head start over me.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

BattyOldMaid wrote:
Thank you all for the welcome, I am a Geordie lass born and bred (Newcastle upon Tyne) moved to Wales to marry Mark. His father's family are born and bred in Wales but father moved to Hull and Mark moved back to Wales. Both my boys were born here in Wales. However family trees have shown that I do have ancestors back in Ireland and Scotland. So still could be related even though I am not welsh born.

Batty - because I am, for those who don't understand me I come across as 'strange' for those who know I do have a sense of humour but very wry and dry.

Old Maid - my favourite Bette Davis film.

Heh heh, sorry no underlying clues to my past life.

Tell me more about the

Quote:
intermediate orientation
political focus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

i love your accent, it comes through in your post. .. Grinning

and my last name is hull

those are essence stats, what i said, i group people into certain qualities or traits as outlined by elias…as a means of getting a bearing on the personality of who i speak to…

any where else but here its an odd conversation. Grinning

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:42 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Stevelord wrote:
Batty I can give you a clue, if you are intermediate , then you will disagree with everything I say Smile, as I am common. and you will agree with everything the intermediates and softs say.

Steve, sorry that I disagree with you Grinning (but this hasn't to do with me being intermediate but with my experience …). Whether its easy for me to communicate with somebody or not hasn't to do with his/her orientation. There have been intermediates I met at BF where I hardly felt familiar with and there are many commens I feel very familiar with. I don't think that you can use the orientation as the reason how familiar you feel with some material or somebody or how challenging something is to you Smile.

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic