Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Perception

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Rob_Niven wrote:
i would say in response:
hmm, whats your impression of the method in this context?

I see, so at least you found one practicable tool in all the sessions:
an irresistible pick-up line Mr. Green

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 15:31 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

Rob_Niven wrote:
maybe something like this:
glomp

its called glomp..heh, funny, thats what the caveman called it im sure. Grinning

rofl rofl

Rob, you crack me up!

I think we've effectively hijacked Augustina's thread! Embarassed

Marisa
(anxiously awaiting the report on the effectiveness of your new pick up line)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 15:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

Marina wrote:

Rob_Niven wrote:
i would say in response:
hmm, whats your impression of the method in this context?

I see, so at least you found one practicable tool in all the sessions:
an irresistible pick-up line Mr. Green

Oh no! yikes Not the dreaded 'what's your impression' thing again! Twisted Evil rofl

Anybody got a chicken???? whistle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:39 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

no no no! my bad, , its:
"what your impression, baby ?"

and more like, "what do you think it is 'sweetypie?"

i mean, i wouldnt sound franglish non-physical personailty about it… Grinning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

Augustina posts:

<moved>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:20 Reply with quoteBack to top

Augustina posts:

<moved>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 13:05 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

That's a really great question. And I'm sitting here thinking - I'm not sure that I have an answer. I guess I could ramble about my perspective - but I was sort of noting to myself - that I don't honestly know too well how other males perceive it. Part of my experience being "male" is I don't really talk about that stuff too often with male friends.

Intimacy to me is sharing - sharing a deeply held connection to another and the manner in which exchange occurs through that connection. To me it's not really about anything particularly physical. I had encounters on occasion with folks I was physically attracted to - but it wasn't particularly intimate. It was usually people I was friends with and the friendship added another dimension to it - but it was never more than that.

Intimacy to me involves trust - trust of myself and trust of the other. Someone - who knows what's truly going on with me - and is not deterred by that information. When I was in high school and college I had my alternate personality - "he" was the social one and interacted in groups - "he" was who my friends knew - Eric only came out if I was inmate with the other individual - sort of the 'real' me - not that "he" wasn't the real me - but I was always aware it was more of a character than anything else.

The folks here know more about the "real" me than a lot of the folks I work with on a daily basis. I don't generally share the whole story at work - for a number of reasons. So I guess intimacy to me is when I feel comfortable letting my guard down. Putting down the shields to allow another a peak at the man behind the curtain. Intimacy in my definition is about trust.

-- Eric Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 13:59 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Augustina wrote:
What is intimacy with another person and do women see it differently from men.
What is deep intimacy.

I donīt know if women understand or perceive intimacy differntly form men. I really have no idea. Iīve read many many books on the differences in male/femal perspective regarding whatever subject form John Gray to David Deida and many more authors. It had been one of my fave subject. And though I many times felt myself very good describeld in the female fraction I still donīt know if you can generalize it.

What is intimacy to me? That’s not easy to say. It depends on the definition. But the thing in common is I think allowing of genuine sharing, exposure and vulnerabilty, putting down the shields.

And as Eric mentioned it has to do with trust. But I think the point is not so much trust regarding other individuals but trust of self.

Marina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 14:06 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

As this is predominantly an Elias forum and the subject is now Eros, S255, “The Sex Session,” might be an interesting read for some or all. E opens with this proclamation:

"All that you present yourself within sexual experience within this dimension is relative to this dimension, although I shall express to you that within physical expressions, you are mirroring elements that are known to you within essence. You are creating imagery that you insert into your physical focus that mirrors elements within non-physical aspects of essence. Therefore, within your creation of sexual intimacy, you are creating imagery physically that mirrors a knowing of the lack of separation within essence and consciousness."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 14:28 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

daal wrote:
As this is predominantly an Elias forum and the subject is now Eros, S255, “The Sex Session,” might be an interesting read for some or all. E opens with this proclamation:

Iīve just found out that I never read the session (at least canīt remember) and second that its a group session of 25 pages yikes …..

Marina Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 14:42 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

Marina wrote:
Iīve just found out that I never read the session (at least canīt remember)…

Oh I think u might remember it if u read it, Marina. Grinning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 21:48 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

daal wrote:
Oh I think u might remember it if u read it, Marina. Grinning

You are right, interesting and maintaining session - though I wasnīt surprised by any of Elias comments and statements Smile.

Marina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 22:42 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

Marina wrote:
…I wasnīt surprised by any of Elias comments and statements Smile.

Yeah. I agree…pure Elias. I'm thinking tho that Cosmopolitan Mag wont be hiring him any time soon to write an advice column for its readership. – D.

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic