Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Perception

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 20:08 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

Cool, i think i am wondering about the eros, i think i have heard that in some occult books. Forgot what it means though, so i may have to look it up. Or you can share how you define what that term means to you? Grinning

Quote:
because although I am aware how concentrated projected energy can make manifestations quicker I just feel root chakra and belly chakra energy is a bit 'slow moving' for that.

Yea, your right, the lower the energy center the slower the vibration and speed at which they spin.

I have thought about the prospect of using other energy centers that spin faster, and to unlock them more directly.

So where as the thought energy center spins much faster than the root.

But with tantra, or at least this exercise im promoting right now, it is more directed in the root, but it also integrates all the various speeds of vibration, all the centers in a column.. So you are quite literally, i think, bridging, or creating an undisterbed path from top to bottom, bottom to top. So you are involving all the centers. . You do it anyway, but sometimes certain energies build up in all of them. So this is a means to that end.

There is also another more physical exercise called the tibetan five rites:

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

this is more of an exercise that duplicates the motion of the certain centers. Like some centers 'radiate' outward and upward, another outward and to the sides.
This would be an exercise formed with that in mind Very good at working out bodily tension, and is one of the simplest ways to stay fit.

Fun things to try, and they do work at promoting health from my experience.

Quote:
The other reason if what you what ritual magik has the same aims as creating reality/an event wouldn't it be simpler and quicker to just pop into framework 2 or 3 in a deep trance state and do the creating there?

Hmm, yea, possibly. but thats what your doing through a ritualized method to implement your intent or your will.
They(ritualists) put this in terms of ether, or the astral. The premise being that rituals help one become more in contact with the ability to create in the astral, or ether, which in turn becomes a manifestation in the more physical world.

So you could say that what you are doing regardless is going from top to bottom. To the more highly concentrated energy, down to the root, or the outermost physical manifastion..

So i would say our higher energy centers can be symbols and or functions representing these other more astral areas.

Elias connects them thusly right off the top:

magenta | ra (rah) – connects us with Regional Area 3.

white | som (sum) – connects us with Regional Area 2.

http://www.eliasforum.org/digests/energy_centers.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 20:11 Reply with quoteBack to top

Augustina posts:

kaust wrote:
Hey Augustina,

Another thing this reminds me is also the idea of the "ugly beautiful" which can be very sensuous. To put a finger on beauty is so difficult. It is something which shines through, it is not necessarily physical beauty, whose appreciation is sometimes affected by a person's context, culture and other complicating factors.

But there is an aspect of beauty which is indendent of its physical manifestation. Ruins are beautiful, so are faces with wrinkles.

So ineffable!

Smile Kaust.

Kaust,

the core truth I speak of 'The beautiful; IS independent of physical manifestation and yet is translated through it.
Augustina.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 20:16 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

Quote:
beauty which is that it is the person who takes the beautiful to the thing

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Grinning
Which is i think the philosophic version about the relativity of beauty, the argument against the assertion that there as an absolute model of what determines the beauty of anything.[/i]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 21:55 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

kaust wrote:
Hi Marisa, This is one area where experimentation is quite fun, and it is even better if your partner has no idea about woo-woo things like Tantra Smile

I'd say it's probably too late now!! He's probably spent all day at the library in response to this exchange, LOL!! Mr. Green

Quote:
Then when one tries to notice and create breathing patterns or intentionally move energy, without physically moving, it is quite "breath-taking" to see the other respond with breathing patterns or with involuntary sounds. Or to feel their heart chakra respond and grow in size and strength.

This sounds very similar to what I 'made up' to do in regards to that receivng exercise Elias offered in my sobbing session. At night, I tap into the response generated by others of what they genuinely value and appreciate about me (all dutifully recorded in my journal Smile ) like tapping into an energy deposit and allowing myself to merge with it. (I figure each response is an energy deposit.) Anyway, this feels more meaningful to me than just reading it over so I think the E man would approve.

I have played with some Tantra-esque breathing techniques unbeknownst to Eric from time to time. When I first got into woo-woo, Eric, the king of woo-woo, was playing the role of Mr. Serious Wage Earner. Just recently, he and I realized we had both further squashed our natural expression further in response to marriage and family obligations because we are both so hyper-sensitive to 'not being able to do things like normal folks.' (Humor me here for a sec on the messed up logic.)

Anyhoo, it wasn't until after I 'found' the ghosts that I was able to bring Eric back over to the dark side. Twisted Evil

Quote:
I tried a similar thing with a friend (a Zuli) and I could feel the comfort and ease this friend felt with the body. And the great thing was that the feeling remained with me for many hours.

Very cool! Cool That's really amazing! Maybe I will try a merger with Princess Kaitlyn, the Zuli queen. Comfort and ease in the body. Wow! A mind-blowing concept.

I was also thinking yesterday, with regards to energy mergers with others, one could intend to focus in on a particular aspect. I haven't experimented with my hypothesis. Mine have mostly been more general exploratory, but I imagine in allowance and trust comes the ability to direct.

You know, I had never thought about the energy mergers that I do as being Tantra. Don't know why. Maybe a bias. Mostly it's my bias about Tantra preventing me from allowing myself to seek further information on Tantra. But now that you put it in that context, it makes a lot of sense – that many things that I do naturally already lend themselves to becoming more informed about the subject and also the recognition that all such practices have their roots in what comes natural to us as a species.

Don't know why but I've always had a very strong and immediate response to breathing techniques. I was more than a little freaked out in Yoga class when it seemed that no one was experiencing anything near as intense as what I was. But back then I was more likely to move my thinking in the direction of "what's wrong with me?" Happy to report that I never, ever do that anymore. Wink

Thanks again, Kaust! Smile

Marisa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 22:05 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

Rob_Niven wrote:
But have you ever slithered around like a snake just by breathing in a certain pattern and concentrating along your energy column in a certain fashion?

Oh yes, Rob, have I ever!

I do believe we have much to discuss, LOL!

I'm a bit too, um, I dunno, blown-away, to collect my thoughts atm and engage in intelligent dialogue.

Thanks for all you wrote. Like you say, it's not everyday you get to discuss all this stuff. Smile

Marisa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 22:28 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

Rob_Niven wrote:
Done properly, its actually a way to balance yourself by flushing out the blockages …

YES!!!

Er, but my last major one wasn't 'done properly' as it were. It also didn't begin with any breathing techniques that time – just sitting on my bed reading Seth for the first time. Elias characterized it as a remembrance experience that I generated in order to allow myself experiential knowledge of the concepts I would later present to myself in the Elias material. It was a tad more dramatic then previous experiences. But afterward, there was no tension in my body for some time.

Marisa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 22:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

kaust wrote:
(Marisa jokes that she'd like to be demure in this focus).

No, No, no!

You misquote me Kaust! Smile I said I always wanted to be demure. LOL The difference between what you said and I said is that I am now understanding that this ain't happening…it's not the natural flow of my energy! Wink

But I do bashful pretty well from time to time. Embarassed

Marisa
(who has said enough for one day)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 0:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

Bean wrote:
But I do bashful pretty well from time to time. Embarassed

Bashful and Beautiful! thumb Perfect! - don't know nuthin' 'bout this here titanic stuff - but I do enjoy being comfortable and intimate enough with a partner to burst out laughing about something we both find funny.

As You Wish
-- Eric Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 18:54 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

ecrosset wrote:
don't know nuthin' 'bout this here titanic stuff

Didn’t know nuthin’ ‘bout it either, Eric. So first I read this:

Tantra distinguishes itself in particular through a unique combination of method and wisdom, achieved through meditation on the perfect form of a Buddha as completely devoid of true existence.

Yawn

Then I read this:

Classical Tantra Yoga tradition asserts that this universe we live in, and are part of, is the manifestation of Brahma - the infinite, all-embracing, ever-blissful Supreme Conscious Being. It has been observed to manifest in two polar but interrelated ways: Shiva, the Eternal Consciousness, and Shakti, his creative power. Both of these principles cannot be distinct entities; they are two poles of the One Being experiencing itself. Blah blah blah

And this:

TANTRISM is a system of Ideal Monism. Its central position is that there is only One Ultimate Principle, but that this Principle has two aspects, one Transcendent, and the other Immanent. The Tantras explain in great detail the origin of Spirit and Matter; they discuss the nature of the Ultimate Principle; and they explain the cause of the Initial Impulse of Creation. Blah blah blah

Definitely fighting asleep by this time.

And then I read this:

Welcome to the Sacred Sex web site, a place where you can read about tantra yoga, karezza, and other forms of sex worship. This is a personal, non commercial project, developed to honour the spiritual sexuality i have seen in others and have sought to express in myself.

I noticed my interest perked up right away.

And then there was this opener on another web page

Many people who experience deep ecstatic sexual states liken these to transcendental spiritual experiences. They discover that the distinctions between what is carnal and what is spiritual may not be as clear as they once thought. They may even feel that they have come to know God, or ultimate reality, through sex.

And now I’m thinking maybe there’s a way for me to know god afterall. – D. Big Grin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 19:52 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

daal wrote:
Tantra distinguishes itself in particular through a unique combination of method and wisdom, achieved through meditation on the perfect form of a Buddha as completely devoid of true existence.

I have no idea what this means. shhh

Quote:
Classical Tantra Yoga tradition asserts that this universe we live in, and are part of, is the manifestation of Brahma - the infinite, all-embracing, ever-blissful Supreme Conscious Being. It has been observed to manifest in two polar but interrelated ways: Shiva, the Eternal Consciousness, and Shakti, his creative power. Both of these principles cannot be distinct entities; they are two poles of the One Being experiencing itself. Blah blah blah

And this:

TANTRISM is a system of Ideal Monism. Its central position is that there is only One Ultimate Principle, but that this Principle has two aspects, one Transcendent, and the other Immanent. The Tantras explain in great detail the origin of Spirit and Matter; they discuss the nature of the Ultimate Principle; and they explain the cause of the Initial Impulse of Creation. Blah blah blah

Oy vey! Rolling Eyes Where are them chickens???? think

Quote:
And then I read this:

Welcome to the Sacred Sex web site, a place where you can read about tantra yoga, karezza, and other forms of sex worship. This is a personal, non commercial project, developed to honour the spiritual sexuality i have seen in others and have sought to express in myself.

I noticed my interest perked up right away.

And then there was this opener on another web page

Many people who experience deep ecstatic sexual states liken these to transcendental spiritual experiences. They discover that the distinctions between what is carnal and what is spiritual may not be as clear as they once thought. They may even feel that they have come to know God, or ultimate reality, through sex.

Now we get to the good stuff! jumper

Perhaps I've finally found a method I can embrace? whistle Shocked silenced

Quote:
And now I’m thinking maybe there’s a way for me to know god afterall. – D. Big Grin

See, D? All it takes is a little trust Wink…and a good search engine! Cool

God bless the World Wide Web! Pray Mr. Green

Marisa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 20:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

Bean wrote:
Perhaps I've finally found a method I can embrace? whistle Shocked silenced[/color]

I think ur supposed to embrace Eric and use the method. think Well, on further thot, maybe it cud work in reverse. Use Eric and embrace the method.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 22:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

Quote:
I think ur supposed to embrace Eric and use the method.

Hey, if i substitute Rob, for Eric, i think i have just found my new line for picking up 'chicks' at the bar.

Grinning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 23:06 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

Rob_Niven wrote:
Hey, if i substitute Rob, for Eric, i think i have just found my new line for picking up 'chicks' at the bar.

Grinning

Report back! Meanwhile, I'm gonna try 'hey babe tell me what makes you hot.' Grinning

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 0:32 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

daal wrote:
[Report back! Meanwhile, I'm gonna try 'hey babe tell me what makes you hot.' Grinning

Well, I can only speak for myself Grinning , but Robs pick up line would make me at least curious to find out more about these methods Razz ….

Marina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:45 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

Oh thats a compliment, that my pick up line might actually work.

it might have potential in its ambiguous nature….hmmm it leads the imagination of the 'chick' of what the method means to her and brings to her mind her prefered method ? Grinning

i would say in response:
hmm, whats your impression of the method in this context?

maybe something like this:
glomp

its called glomp..heh, funny, thats what the caveman called it im sure. Grinning

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic