Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

What is Eric...

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 15:31 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

Hey All wave

Thought I would take a stab at this. Who or what is Eric… ??? Well - that's what I'm trying to find out.

Richard Bach wrote:
The simplest questions are the most profound.

Where were you born?
    Where is your home?
    Where are you going?
    What are you doing?

Think about these once in a while and watch your answers change.

Those thoughts still have value for me today.

Where were you born? - Camden, New Jersey
    Where is your home? - With Marisa, Nicholas, Alexander, Kaitlyn and Zachary
    Where are you going? - Not a friggin' clue
    What are you doing? - Ditto
    I'll add one more question: Why are you here? - To explore

Richard is as good a place as any to start the tale of this particular journey. I encountered Richard in the form of a little book with a blue feather on it in my early twenties. And my world started to make sense. There were things I had noticed - thing I had felt - more of an ease with reality - there was a certain kind of "luck" I called it in the way events occurred. Marina used the word manipulate - and that's a pretty good word for me - negative connotations aside - the moving of chess pieces - aligning probabilities has always been a fun game for me. Pieces in the puzzle. In the midst of any perceived "problem" a solution would present itself. Solving puzzles.

Massachusetts was an eye opening experience for me - very different. I had hit rough spots before - that was probably the one time I can think of most vividly where it seemed my world was beyond my ability to change it. No solution presented itself - and not for lacking of trying just about anything I could think of to alter those probabilities. Did those events suck - yup - big time. Do I want to experience that again? - "No way in hell" comes to mind. Was it all purposeful? - I think so - what exactly? - well - still working that one out.

So - I'm asking myself "Self - what are you exploring?" and Self replies - "umm… me".

What else about Eric?

Currently employed as a developer for an insurance company. My current involvement in this material is thank to the lovely Marisa who introduced me to NWV and all the good folks here.

Where do I go from here? - that to me is part of the fun of exploring. So if you have any questions about "Who the heck does this guy think he is?" please feel free to add them here and I will give an answer as best I can as I'm still working on the answers too.

-- Eric Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 15:47 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Eric, thanks for sharing with us a glimpse into 'who's Eric?'.

You said questions, so I'll bite. Smile Of all your life experiences, which ONE do you feel was the most life-altering?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 16:10 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

Quote:
Of all your life experiences, which ONE do you feel was the most life-altering?

Wow Very Happy

That's a great question. Encountering Marisa was the first thing that popped into my head. There have been many and not too dramatic - more of a gradual "shift" and I'm going to ponder this a bit. It's more of a dynamic - constant movement - both physical, career and interest wise. That's why capturing a "snapshot" of Eric is tough for me - it's a moving target.

So I guess ultimately the best answer I could give (most accurate Wink) is that my life - the sum total of the experiences is the most life-altering. (Yeah it's a cop-out Smile ) but I don't know that any other answer makes as much sense to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 16:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Hey, that works! thumb …and, it does sort of put into perspective just how significant all events are, huh? Very Happy

Does Eric have 'hobbies' or special interests?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 17:18 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Quote:
So if you have any questions about "Who the heck does this guy think he is?" please feel free to add them here and I will give an answer as best I can as I'm still working on the answers too.

How the heck does this guy look like Mr. Green ?

Marina Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 19:21 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

Quote:
How the heck does this guy look like Mr. Green ?

Wow Smile

Another tough question. Took me a while to find something recent - I'm more likely to be behind the camera. Smile
(I'm the one on the right Wink )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 19:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

Quote:
Does Eric have 'hobbies' or special interests?

Besides chatting with you folks - let's see movies and music.

A large part of the background of Eric is theater. that was my hobby through high school and college - a true love of mine that I haven't indulged in a while. Mostly backstage - did one on-stage performance - just for the experience - but that wasn't nearly as much fun for me as working on lighting, sound and set design.

Spending time with the kids - hanging out - watching cartoons and interacting with them. Occasionally dipping into computer graphics and fractals.

And of course talking with Marisa - I lose track of time when we get on a roll - except for the occasional pop-ins by one of the kids - just to make sure we haven't forgotten about them Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 19:43 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

VERY COOL!! jumper You guys look EXACTLY like I pictured you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 20:14 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Quote:
VERY COOL!! jumper You guys look EXACTLY like I pictured you!

Sylvii, that was what I was thinking when I saw the picture, except I wondered who was who Grinning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 20:40 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

Quote:
Sylvii, that was what I was thinking when I saw the picture, except I wondered who was who Grinning

Marina, maybe you felt confused because Eric and I look so much alike… Wink

LOL Grinning

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 21:57 Reply with quoteBack to top

Tart posts:

cool! Now only Cat, Mike, Ahmed, and Pinkrose are left to "expose" themselves!
I AM a bit curious about Cat's rainbow hair, and her monkey who is my parallel counterpart Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 22:11 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Eric,

that pic somehow makes me smile … dunno why. (Btw, now that we've established that you're the one on the right, who's that lewd chick on the left? Grinning).

Btw, I'm wondering what your Elias stuff is (belonging, orientation). If I had to guess, I'd say Sumafi/Tumold or Sumafi/Borledim.

Markus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 23:29 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

Well according to the last read from the 'E' man

Sumafi/Sumari
    Political
    Soft

Essence name from Elias: Doren
Essence name from Kris: Sheldomar

Intent from 'E': Puzzle pieces and how they fit together
Core Truth from 'E': Integrity

-- Eric Smile

p.s. Marisa - thanks for the correction - I always get that mixed up Grinning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:20 Reply with quoteBack to top

daal posts:

ecrosset wrote:

Quote:
Of all your life experiences, which ONE do you feel was the most life-altering?

Wow Very Happy

…Encountering Marisa was the first thing that popped into my head.

Ha Ha Ha I can very well imagine! tease

D.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:24 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

ecrosset wrote:
Sumari/Sumafi

Sorry love, but it's reverse – You are Sumafi (belonging to)/Sumari (aligning with).

as you wish love
Marisa

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic