Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

hello & what's up to my fellow adventurers!

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Quote:
although i'm a bit of a gypsy, and love to move around and see new places, new people…

Dizzy that is quintessential Vold. Its part of their change thing. I went to the National Library of Medicine when I went to Washington. I dropped to my knees in awe. THey had virtually every damn medical journal in the World . I think thats near you. I didnt find the area all that awfully terribly like you are. Where did you grow up?
Midwest?

Cool your thoughts when you pulled that Seth Speaks off the shel for your first ghost glimpse were identical to mine re why they resonated with you.
It seemed that Seth KNEW.

If you despise generalizations think they are not true, then you are probably Sumari, not Sumafi. You said you were a hippie, so actually that would tend to make youi Sumari. Hippies wil deck anyone who uses a generalization around them. Like I did just now. Smile

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:59 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gunslinger posts:

bunseam wrote:
Welcome! I like Bunker, it conjures up an image with me as an opposite of a debunker.

Hahaha! The first thing that came to mind was that it was the same last name as Archie and Edith.

Razz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 22:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

dizzy posts:

ha ha ha! its true, i dislike generalizations, unless they are prefaced by "my belief is that…." or something to the effect. or, if someone makes a generalization that includes me, i immediately think of all the ways in which i am NOT that generalization.

is there a single webpage somewhere that has good definitions of the aspects of different families? i feel like i keep coming across broken links, meager info, etc etc. maybe i just keep getting distracted on the elias forum site after a search… i'll start reading a session and then follow some other impulse until i am 3 sessions away from my search start.

please and thanks.

>=)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 22:25 Reply with quoteBack to top

Kimi Kaio posts:

dizzy wrote:
is there a single webpage somewhere that has good definitions of the aspects of different families?

>=)

Have you seen this?

http://www.eliasforum.org/digests/essence_families.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 0:21 Reply with quoteBack to top

dizzy posts:

Kimi Kaio wrote:

dizzy wrote:
is there a single webpage somewhere that has good definitions of the aspects of different families?

>=)

Have you seen this?

awesome, just what i was looking for.

and yup, okay, now sumari is yelling at me from the page, like "HEYHOWCOMEYOUDIDNTFIGURETHISOUTBEFORE?" hahahaha. ohhhh maaaaaaaan. more stuff makes sense now. like why i am constantly being "dragged" into the spotlight "against" my will.

its really all a cosmic limerick or something else hilarious and cryptic.
thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:53 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

dizzy wrote:

Kimi Kaio wrote:

Have you seen this?

and yup, okay, now sumari is yelling at me from the page, like "HEYHOWCOMEYOUDIDNTFIGURETHISOUTBEFORE?" hahahaha. ohhhh maaaaaaaan. more stuff makes sense now. like why i am constantly being "dragged" into the spotlight "against" my will.

thanks again!

Ok then Dizzy then you are the scary combo of Sumari Vold. BOth rebels and non conformists So you went to USC, what major?, and did you go to high school in LA, I wasnt to Chaman College in Orange. SO you arent from the midwest eh?
(I erased that Afgan war sentence I have no idea how that got in my previous post. Thinks keep appearing on my computer that I didnt do. Or did I? Smile

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 22:04 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill Marshall posts:

Hey Diz, a bunker is what I slept in when I got to be a short timer in Vietnam. thumb
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 22:01 Reply with quoteBack to top

dizzy posts:

Stevelord wrote:

dizzy wrote:

thanks again!

Ok then Dizzy then you are the scary combo of Sumari Vold. BOth rebels and non conformists So you went to USC, what major?, and did you go to high school in LA, I wasnt to Chaman College in Orange. SO you arent from the midwest eh?
(I erased that Afgan war sentence I have no idea how that got in my previous post. Thinks keep appearing on my computer that I didnt do. Or did I? Smile

Steve

ha ha ha ha ha! why is that SCARY? Very Happy it sounds like ridiculous fun!
at USC i majored in "recording arts" (audio engineering) and it was actually during my second semester as a junior that they folded that major completely. hm. went to highschool out here in maryland. i grew up next to farms but was about 30 minutes from DC, so i think i had an interesting hybrid of city mouse country mouse.

Orange, eh? I spent a lot of time in OC playing in various garage bands. >=) I was always pretty terrible (never practiced, but i could stumble through a piece after hearing it once or twice) but everyone wanted a chick in their band, so i got to play at rockstar when the mood struck! hahahahaha. as much as i always said i 'hated LA,' there are definitely a lot of things that i miss about the west coast.

oh, so i have a question- i'm reading through the orientation sessions (whew!), but feel like i identify with all three of the orientations, and, well, both of the sexes. that may sound weird, i don't know… but does anyone have a good definition of an Intermediate? or further discussions about what characterizes an intermediate?

cool, thanks.
Smile
Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 22:21 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

dizzy wrote:

Stevelord wrote:

Steve

at USC i majored in "recording arts" (audio engineering) and it was actually during my second semester as a junior that they folded that major completely. hm. went to highschool out here in maryland. i grew up next to farms but was about 30 minutes from DC, so i think i had an interesting hybrid of city mouse country mouse.

Orange, eh? I spent a lot of time in OC playing in various garage bands. >=) I was always pretty terrible (never practiced, but i could stumble through a piece after hearing it once or twice) but everyone wanted a chick in their band, so i got to play at rockstar when the mood struck! hahahahaha. as much as i always said i 'hated LA,' there are definitely a lot of things that i miss about the west coast.

oh, so i have a question- i'm reading through the orientation sessions (whew!), but feel like i identify with all three of the orientations, and, well, both of the sexes. that may sound weird, i don't know… but does anyone have a good definition of an Intermediate? or further discussions about what characterizes an intermediate?

cool, thanks.
Smile
Smile

Dizzy, youre a CHICK??????????. I would have bet big money you were a man, or maybe I just assumed you were. Never an inkling you were a woman. So then you played with Nitty Gritty DIrt band and Jackson Browne. What instrument. Ill guess the glockenspiel. Have you ever noticed that in a pop , rock etc band , are are the singers not the instrument people but in a symphony orchestra there are scads of them and in school bands too.

Intermediate thread in the blog and also recently in the main forum. I commented that intermediates are softs who can think logically and stay on the train of thought at issue wtihout jumping around from point to point in their answers. So it seemed to me from listening to J, intermediate.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 22:28 Reply with quoteBack to top

bunseam posts:

Stevelord wrote:

dizzy wrote:

Orange, eh? I spent a lot of time in OC playing in various…

(quote shortened by clean-bot)

Dizzy, youre a CHICK??????????. I would have bet big money you were a man, or maybe I just assumed you were. Never an inkling you were a woman. So then you played with Nitty Gritty DIrt band and Jackson Browne. What instrument. Ill guess the glockenspiel. Have you ever noticed that in a pop , rock etc band , are are the singers not the instrument people but in a symphony orchestra there are scads of them and in school bands too.

Intermediate thread in the blog and also recently in the main forum. I commented that intermediates are softs who can think logically and stay on the train of thought at issue wtihout jumping around from point to point in their answers. So it seemed to me from listening to J, intermediate.

Steve

Steve, don't mistake your inability to understand multidimensionally aware expression for jumping around on your so called issues. Your sense of what constitutes "logic" is usually your biggest stumbling block when you argue. Perhaps this is connected to you no longer practicing Law.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

dizzy posts:

Stevelord wrote:

dizzy wrote:

Orange, eh? I spent a lot of time in OC playing in various…

(quote shortened by clean-bot)

Steve

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! yeah, i am all woman, sweetheart! although i DO seem to have (what bunker communicated to me) a shitload of male energy, so you were definitely picking up on that. most people do. In fact, 99% of my close friends are male. I don't really know what to say about that… although it makes sense to me. I'll be the first one screaming 'hell yeah!' as the land rover goes sliding sideways down the giant sand dune. I (am learning how to) restore old vehicles. I play sports, I may or may not have been known to put on a black bandanna and un-arrest the People from the Police. My dojo out west was on crenshaw and it was the Black Karate Federation. My sensei found wonderful delight in pitting me against men twice my size….. and I took wonderful delight every time i could win the round. but then again, i knit, sew, cook, paint, write, dance, and even sometimes put on nail polish. Wink but then again, going to highschool when kurt cobain ruled- most of my male friends wore nail polish, too. I taught most of them how to do it neatly. The most hilarious part of all of this is my size- i'm kind of tiny. I'm drawn to all of these stories of when some little girl takes on the whole universe and wins…. i think that's- not a joke, exactly- but a humorous and intended expression.

tho you can't tell much from my profile pic, hm. just another fire spinner making crazy loops. In terms of bands, i played mostly electric bass, although i (used to) dabble in guitar, keyboards, and i actually studied classical vocal performance for a few years. Even though i've had a total of, like, 45 minutes on drum kits (not hand drums… those i play! poorly!) some part of me knows that i'm a drummer. LOL Although all this about me being a "terrible musician" might be because i am surrounded by these vastly amazing people, who can pick up anything from a banjo to a seashell and make symphonies.

okay, i'm going to do more research on orientation….. i'm not even going to THINK about the other stuff. every time i read further, there seems to be another "category" or "gravitational (magnetic) well" to which one can align themselves.

whew! work to do,
back to you.

Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 0:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

hey dizzy,

definitely Sumari Smile
Seth Speaks, woot

if you're not pulled to something specifically in orientation etc I'd guess soft/political like me, the middle of the road or all of the above categories. Intermediates are usually extremely inwardly focused. I still think Kimi's a ninja soft in disguise Razz

Stevelord wrote:
I commented that intermediates are softs who can think logically and stay on the train of thought at issue wtihout jumping around from point to point in their answers.

hey! Laughing

Todd I thought the same thing, Edith and Archie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 19:26 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gunslinger posts:

Hey Dizzy, I play darbuka, riqq, zills, cajon, castenets, frame drum, djembe, hmmm, what else?

I don't play the Indian tabla or pakhawaj, or the davul (tupan).

I want to learn the baglama saz.

What troop(s) do you dance with?

Spartanessa and Bethany are belly dancers, too. Razz We know lots of firespinners.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 19:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gunslinger posts:

We think very similarly, Beth.

thumb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 20:00 Reply with quoteBack to top

dizzy posts:

Gunslinger wrote:
Hey Dizzy, I play darbuka, riqq, zills, cajon, castenets, frame drum, djembe, hmmm, what else?

I don't play the Indian tabla or pakhawaj, or the davul (tupan).

I want to learn the baglama saz.

What troop(s) do you dance with?

Spartanessa and Bethany are belly dancers, too. Razz We know lots of firespinners.

hahaha! that's so cool. i LOVE tabla… any drums, really. even up-ended Sparkletts jugs.

i dance with fire conclaves that i randomly put together- no huge or historic troops. >=) in fact, i am gearing up a team of fire performers to work for a week at a Haunted Forest in october. it's huge amounts of fun- and the "haunted trail" is a permanent installation with underground Bunkers (haha!), swinging bridges, and 19' tall tree costumes with glowing red eyes.

soooo excited! one of our fire performers is actually an accomplished swordsman… so i'm just going to put a fire sword in his hands. *happy dance*

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic