Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Intro stuff ^_^

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Teleport wrote:

Stevelord wrote:

You tell us , are you more intense of more happy go lucky.

Steve

more intense Grinning

Stevelord wrote:
BTW you being Vold I can ask this to you and it wont offend you, Is Islam coming unglued yet in India?

In what way?

Are you Muslim? Are you and your people turning your back on it, wanting to have more freedom, more fun, more sex, more booze, more dancing, etc?

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 Reply with quoteBack to top

Teleport posts:

__

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Teleport wrote:
No I am not. Most people in India believe in God even if they aren't overly religious. I think it's the Muslim men that are "free" to do all those things. But the girls do it more in secret. My cousin's friends are Muslim and they go dancing and drink all the time. I am not sure their families know about that though. But like I said before the younger generation is more open about these things. There are many things females aren't allowed to do, but they find a way to do it anyway. There was this girl in my class, - she was a Muslim, and wasn't allowed to wear jeans. So of course she changed her clothes in college Grinning

I can see that things are changing but there are still people that don't want to lose their "culture". I saw this debate on TV once where they said that the real Indian culture was ok with different sexual preferences (from the cave paintings, old text, etc. apparently there were 7 types or something) and it was the British that brought these laws, the culture freaks didn't know what to say. They ignored it and moved on to another topic Neutral

Thanks Tele, so are you Hindu then? You must be in a major city then, I read that in some places in India the religious zealots go into bars and beat the women I think I read.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 13:39 Reply with quoteBack to top

KevinGrey posts:

Quote:
Well I was jokingly referring to anyone who wasnt as destructively nuts about disassembling the established norms as the Volds as meek. Smile

Ahh, gotcha.

Well, I think you captured it more accurately to how I perceive it in the "happy go lucky" (Sumari) vs. "intense" (Volds). If that is what you were intending.

Peace.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 14:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Teleport posts:

__

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 18:02 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Teleport wrote:

Stevelord wrote:

Thanks Tele, so are you Hindu then? You must be in a major city then, I read that in some places in India the religious zealots go into bars and beat the women I think I read.

Steve

Yes and I live in Mumbai (Bombay). lol that happened in a major city too. Some people are just crazy or different *ahem*

Tele, sInce Elias says there is no God, no higher power to us, how do you manage to retain your belief in a higher power than yourself?

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 18:55 Reply with quoteBack to top

Teleport posts:

---

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 22:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Teleport wrote:
Whatever made you think I have such a belief. You don't have to follow a religion you were born into. Doesn't the samething apply to everyone else here, including you? tongue My family has never been religous, so I guess I am lucky. Before all the Elias stuff, I used to think I wouldn't exist after death, that there would be nothing Grinning

I was born into a Chistian family but I am not a Christian I dont believe n God or that Chirst was the son of any God. What do you believe, do you believe in God , a higher power than you?

STeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 22:47 Reply with quoteBack to top

Teleport posts:

__

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:03 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Teleport wrote:
No I don't believe in God. I can't even remember when I stopped believing. How can someone believe in God and be into Elias material? And anyway the way they describe God in most religions… it sounds like they are talking about aliens. And frankly I find it stupid to pray inorder to get something. Doesn't it make God look like a despot?

Teleport, what do muslims believe as far as how we get into heaven and what will keep us out? Do you believe cows are sacred?

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:35 Reply with quoteBack to top

Teleport posts:

__

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 0:50 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

Teleport wrote:

beth wrote:
Hello Teleport. Interacting with others and then having alone time is pretty signature soft, though some of us are more obviously cycling that daily and others more by months or a seasonal basis.

What do you spend your time doing while you are "doing nothing"?

hmm…read a book, listen to music…I have never thought about being soft. And I love reading forum posts. I don't post that much but I enjoy reading different opinions. So I am surfing all the forums I go to.

You know how Elias said softs get affected by what's going on in the world? I am kind of indifferent. I will have to consider my being soft seriously Wink

I like books and music too. That affected by the world thing, that's a new one to me-- I suppose that would depend on how a person meant "world". There is a big difference to me between my own personal experience and the stories I hear about everything else, mass consciousness "world", which I consider to be more like wallpaper or set draperies for my play. In that the former is affecting, sure, but not so much the latter.

Teleport wrote:
Just when I was starting to feel happy about being soft!

Don't mind Steve Razz

Teleport wrote:
Oh and I read how softs don't like to control things. I always try to control things.

me too.. well I suppose it depends on what it is, really. I'm a very laid-back, casual person for the most part but when something is really important to me letting go and having patience are my biggest challenges. But then, I'm vold, so my natural tendencies are to change things, not just sit there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 21:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

beth wrote:

Teleport wrote:
hmm…read a book, listen to music…I have never thought about being soft. And I love reading forum posts. I don't post that much but I enjoy reading different opinions. So I am surfing all the forums I go to.

You know how Elias said softs get affected by what's going on in the world? I am kind of indifferent. I will have to consider my being soft seriously Wink

I like books and music too. That affected by the world thing, that's a new one to me-- I suppose that would depend on how a person meant "world". There is a big difference to me between my own personal experience and the stories I hear about everything else, mass consciousness "world", which I consider to be more like wallpaper or set draperies for my play. In that the former is affecting, sure, but not so much the latter.

Teleport wrote:
Just when I was starting to feel happy about being soft!

Don't mind Steve Razz

Teleport wrote:
Oh and I read how softs don't like to control things. I always try to control things.

me too.. well I suppose it depends on what it is, really. I'm a very laid-back, casual person for the most part but when something is really important to me letting go and having patience are my biggest challenges. But then, I'm vold, so my natural tendencies are to change things, not just sit there.

Teleport, dont mind Beth when she tells you she's Vold. Grinning

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:20 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

Razz Grinning

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic