Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Forum creation

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:24 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahmed posts:

I think we can all agree that we created this forum (with Markus incurring the physical labor and expense) and we can choose to "trash it" (or lose fulfillment with certain aspects of it) if the admin allows just as well. How about us creating another reality here with the intent of "organizing" the disparate energies we often encounter according to the majorities preferences?

Just a suggestion, why not create another section, call it "the bin" or something, and anyone posting things that are not according the majorities preferences can be relegated there. It doesnt even need a moderator, if technically feasible or possible to include a 'vote box' at the start of every new thread where forum members can vote to send such threads there. If for example, 10 or more members vote to do so, the thread automatically gets sent there. But it can be offset by opposing votes not to send it there just as well. It doesnt have to be exactly along these lines but you get the drift.

And 'the bin' (or call it something else) doesnt mean to kill off such threads, just that they are sent to another section and can 'flourish' there with continued posting.

It would just be a form of organization, with the same purpose of delineating the original forum sections, ie, exploring the shift, watercooler, miniblogs, etc, but with the added twist of members doing it live according the preferences of the majority.

Just a thought. shifty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:09 Reply with quoteBack to top

patternwalker posts:

Naw man. That's part of what shifting is about…..getting rid of 'majority rule'… deciding what expressions are not acceptable and pushing them under the carpet. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahmed posts:

patternwalker wrote:
Naw man. That's part of what shifting is about…..getting rid of 'majority rule'… deciding what expressions are not acceptable and pushing them under the carpet. Smile

I dont see it as 'majority rule', but rather as 'majority fun', creating more fulfillment by directing our energies along specific lines. And not to squelch the "unacceptable", but to be more creative with it. Could be another way of "pushing it under the carpet" as you say, but why not keep it in the open and toy with it rather. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

Arianimal posts:

sounds like a lot of extra work. plus sentencing some posts to the bin risks further offending people whose posts are sent to "the bin."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:28 Reply with quoteBack to top

sari posts:

hmmm … more separation …. less separation ….?

I'ld say, more separaation would be movement against the wave.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 13:12 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahmed posts:

sari wrote:

Something like the watercooler 'separated' from the exploring the shift section. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 13:54 Reply with quoteBack to top

sari posts:

Ahmed wrote:

sari wrote:

Something like the watercooler 'separated' from the exploring the shift section. Wink

k, gottcha, so I write my next post directly into the 'bin' - thread …. dont have a problem with that … well, you know, I would find all my posted posts much easier Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 14:18 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

sari wrote:
so I write my next post directly into the 'bin' - thread …. dont have a problem with that … well, you know, I would find all my posted posts much easier Very Happy

rofl

But I can relate to Ahmed, sometimes I also want to put some of the threads/posts in the bin.

What about the next step towards total freedom and Markus makes all acounts to moderators.

And the final step of freedom would be that all accounts have administrator level Smile.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 14:28 Reply with quoteBack to top

sari posts:

Marina wrote:

sari wrote:
so I write my next post directly into the 'bin' - thread …. dont have a problem with that … well, you know, I would find all my posted posts much easier Very Happy

rofl

But I can relate to Ahmed, sometimes I also want to put some of the threads/posts in the bin.

What about the next step towards total freedom and Markus makes all acounts to moderators.

And the final step of freedom would be that all accounts have administrator level Smile.

Hand (strong oppostition!)

ohhhnono, I would make such a mess … Grinning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 20:14 Reply with quoteBack to top

patternwalker posts:

Marina wrote:

sari wrote:

rofl

Now THAT would be funny. Imagine all the mayhem we could cause by moving each others' threads around…deleting posts…changing posts…hiding posts… Laughing bounce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 20:19 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

patternwalker wrote:
Now THAT would be funny. Imagine all the mayhem we could cause by moving each others' threads around…deleting posts…changing posts…hiding posts… Laughing bounce

Yep, and we are not responsible for all the mess since everybody creates their own reality sign coolcreation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 20:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

patternwalker posts:

OOOOH! I like that one.

MUAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 20:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahmed posts:

patternwalker wrote:

Sounds like fun. Hmm.. who was it that said 'if its not fun, do not do it'. Grinning

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:11 Reply with quoteBack to top

MirrorSelf posts:

I vote "no" to the proposal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:24 Reply with quoteBack to top

Saige posts:

I vote yes to Electric Mayhem.

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic