Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Greetings from Arfwoo

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 18:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

arfwoo posts:

I've been enjoying this forum as a lurker for some months but final felt like I might have some insights to add. Thank you all.
How is that for discounting Grinning .
I find I'm much more articulate in my mind than when I try and distill experiences or feelings into words in a forum setting.

Like many of you Seth and then Elias resonates strongly with me; making more sense and more a feeling of knowing than an traditional religious teaching. Actually traditional religious teaching brings a sense of fear and disdain since the emphasis for many followers seems to be judgment and fear to their followers.

Barb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 18:30 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

waving welcome, Barb!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 19:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

Kimi Kaio posts:

waving Hi

Here's a truck full of playful energy for you. playful Don't let Ford take it away.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 23:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ford posts:

Hi Barb
pay no mind to Kimi she's crazy shhh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:05 Reply with quoteBack to top

patternwalker posts:

I recommend sending Kimi to the spice mines of Kessel.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

Hi Barb wave

Quote:

Grinning

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 14:07 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rose posts:

Welcome Barb wave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 20:38 Reply with quoteBack to top

MirrorSelf posts:

Hello.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 23:48 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gunslinger posts:

Hi Barb!

I'm not crazy either. Grinning

(What? Tick? What tick?) Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:12 Reply with quoteBack to top

arfwoo posts:

love iT ..

Not a tick.. a feature of shifting

thumb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:55 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

arfwoo wrote:
I've been enjoying this forum as a lurker for some months but final felt like I might have some insights to add. Thank you all.
I find I'm much more articulate in my mind than when I try and distill experiences or feelings into words in a forum setting.

Like many of you Seth and then Elias resonates strongly with me; making more sense and more a feeling of knowing than an traditional religious teaching. Actually traditional religious teaching brings a sense of fear and disdain since the emphasis for many followers seems to be judgment and fear to their followers.

Barb

Dear Arf,

You say "more sense than your religioius training. Do you mean to be saying that your religious traning made SOME sense? Sorry, nothing against goat herders and Christians. Oh except PRes. Jimmy Carter said tonite on TV that some Christians say the Bible says that the Second Coming of CHrist wont happen until "all the current Jews in Israel are executed". Quote unquote.

BUt that aside, welcome and where are you? Seattle I guess. By the way seems like everyone who has come to this board who has posted in their first post that they had been a long time lurker and finally decided to post post one or two posts and we never hear from them again, as if they finally got that out of their system PLease dont let us down again. Smile

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 21:52 Reply with quoteBack to top

bunseam posts:

Stevelord wrote:

arfwoo wrote:

Like many of you Seth and then Elias resonates strongly with me; making more sense and more a feeling of knowing than an traditional religious teaching. Actually traditional religious tea…

(quote shortened by clean-bot)

Dear Arf,

You say "more sense than your religioius training. Do you mean to be saying that your religious traning made SOME sense? Sorry, nothing against goat herders and Christians. Oh except PRes. Jimmy Carter said tonite on TV that some Christians say the Bible says that the Second Coming of CHrist wont happen until "all the current Jews in Israel are executed". Quote unquote.

BUt that aside, welcome and where are you? Seattle I guess. By the way seems like everyone who has come to this board who has posted in their first post that they had been a long time lurker and finally decided to post post one or two posts and we never hear from them again, as if they finally got that out of their system PLease dont let us down again. Smile

Steve

"…You say "more sense than your religioius training. Do you mean to be saying that your religious traning made SOME sense?…"

Steve was a lawyer many many moons ago, I think he still imagines he's in a courtroom.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 22:59 Reply with quoteBack to top

arfwoo posts:

Quote:
Dear Arf,

Steve

Hm, was a really fuzzy into wasn't it ? OK .. I guess I was trying to be PC…. in other words when a neighbors child told me people were going to hell if they didn't know god.. I thought that was absurd and stupid and I was about 5 or 6 years old. Fanatics scare me .. don't care what religion or cause you believe in. The ends do not justify the means. That and I've always have had a suspicion of being tortured or killed by the inquisition in a previous life or focus.

The logic of Seth and Elias once you get over the concept shock works for me.. compared to other avenues. As in formal go-to-church-be-hateful-hypocrites does not… and that is definitely a judgment. Comes from my dad being a PK(preachers kid) and some very very nasty religious neighbors.

Location: Aloha, oregon.. burb of Portland-in same state Grinning

On not posting and sloping off into the night after joining a forum.. I'll try not to.. was one reason waiting to see if I could-would actually want to keep on communicating.. Often not good about joining the regular thundering herd
But
You guys(plural form of people) are insightful, crazy and fun.. Embarassed So I hope to learn to play well with others.. hug

Quote:
Steve was a lawyer many many moons ago, I think he still imagines he's in a courtroom.

Cool.. have someone I work with that is lawyer and engineer.. great fun and much discussion

Barb Grinning

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 23:44 Reply with quoteBack to top

patternwalker posts:

Gunslinger wrote:
Hi Barb!

I'm not crazy either. Grinning

(What? Tick? What tick?) Shocked

Ahh, Jimmy Two-times. I see the gang's all here. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 23:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gunslinger posts:

Quote:
Quote:

Cool.. have someone I work with that is lawyer and engineer.. great fun and much discussion

Barb

Geez, Barb! You are as bored as I am. Let's go kick some trolls!

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic