Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

New smiley ...

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 20:32 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Markus, I just tested the chat with Denise and she heard a sound when I was entering but I didn't (we tested it). Any idea what I am doing wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:01 Reply with quoteBack to top

denise posts:

Marina wrote:
Markus, I just tested the chat with Denise and she heard a sound when I was entering but I didn't (we tested it).

and i played with the new smileys!
cheer
sign thnx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:19 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

I tried it and it did play the gong (it is indeed from Hells Bells btw., in fact I had forgotten that the feature was there) with Firefox and Internet Explorer. I have no idea though why it would not work on some machines …

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 13:36 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Markus wrote:
I have no idea though why it would not work on some machines …

pissed I tried it again - but it doesn't work. I opened two chat windows one with Firefox and the other with IE but didn't hear anything … (I guess I don't want to use the chat Smile ).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 18:03 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahmed posts:

Lots of talk about smileys, what about avatars? Too bad we're stuck at 8kb and 80x80 pixels. That leaves out a world of creativity and fun at just a slight bit more size/pixels. ie, if it was 10kb, 100x100 px, I could've used these:

Of course I may run the risk of giving BEA nightmares, but he should get over them soon enough. Grinning

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 18:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Calotcha posts:

Ahmed wrote:
Lots of talk about smileys, what about avatars? Too bad we're stuck at 8kb and 80x80 pixels. That leaves out a world of creativity and fun at just a slight bit more size/pixels. ie, if it was 10kb, 100x100 px, I could've used these:

Of course I may run the risk of giving BEA nightmares, but he should get over them soon enough. Grinning

Pssst, there's a way to do away with the given size limitations. The trick is to download from a different location than your computer. Gz, and i thought we were creating our realities. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 18:51 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Calotcha wrote:
Pssst, there's a way to do away with the given size limitations. The trick is to download from a different location than your computer. Gz, and i thought we were creating our realities. Wink

In his reality Ahmed is limited Smile.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 19:14 Reply with quoteBack to top

Calotcha posts:

Marina wrote:

Calotcha wrote:

In his reality Ahmed is limited Smile.

Nah…….only temporarily.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 19:44 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

I actually put in the limits to discourage animated avatars.

Markus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 19:53 Reply with quoteBack to top

Calotcha posts:

Markus wrote:

Markus

Oops! LOL! Well, i guess we're still not creating our realities…..not quite as we wish we did. But Markus is in this particular case. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 15:46 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Calotcha wrote:

Markus wrote:

Oops! LOL! Well, i guess we're still not creating our realities…..not quite as we wish we did. But Markus is in this particular case. Smile

Hehe, that was the decision when I installed the forum and then forgot about it. I saw a few animated avatars (like yours) a couple of time, but none bothered me.

Markus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 15:53 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

Markus wrote:
I tried it and it did play the gong (it is indeed from Hells Bells btw., in fact I had forgotten that the feature was there) with Firefox and Internet Explorer. I have no idea though why it would not work on some machines …

turn sound on? and up? plug speakers in? other sound works? check mixer settings to make sure nothing is muted or turned way down.

What's bizarre is sometimes the first five or so lines entered sound like water droplets, and sometimes they don't. Very Happy

Hells Bells, awesome, nailed it. thumb Grinning

Calotcha that's a nice avatar there for you now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 18:16 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill Marshall posts:

Ahmed wrote:

You can shrink any pic to any pixel size here: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 22:43 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ford posts:

ha Hells Bells
was just in there the other day and made the comment that's what it sounded like
(no comment on the flashbacks induced shifty )

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:39 Reply with quoteBack to top

denise posts:

beth wrote:
What's bizarre is sometimes the first five or so lines entered sound like water droplets, and sometimes they don't. Very Happy

but have you ever noticed the SMELL? mean

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic