Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Errors and Forum Outages...

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:48 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

For quite some time something strange happens once in a while when I want to post something either at this forum or at other phpBB boards.

I open the edit window and all of a sudden I get the message that "firefox.exe has detected a problem and the sesssion must be closed" (I get the message in German so I don't know what the English version of that message would be).

Believe it or not it just happened again Sad.

After the session is closed I get a new message that the old session can be continued and most of the time I can continue with my post exactly where I was interrupted (like this time).

I always thought that this was a software problem of my old computer but since yesterday I have a new one and I am really surprised to have the same problem again.

Has anybody else experienced somthing like this?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 21:07 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gunslinger posts:

Marina wrote:
For quite some time something strange happens once in a while when I want to post something either at this forum or at other phpBB boards.

I open the edit window and all of a sudden I get the message that "firefox.exe has detected a problem and the sesssion must be closed" (I get the message in German so I don't know what the English version of that message would be).

Believe it or not it just happened again Sad.

After the session is closed I get a new message that the old session can be continued and most of the time I can continue with my post exactly where I was interrupted (like this time).

I always thought that this was a software problem of my old computer but since yesterday I have a new one and I am really surprised to have the same problem again.

Has anybody else experienced somthing like this?

I used to think that was a problem unique to Internet Explorer. Now I'm thinking that it may be a Patel joke or something. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:20 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Gunslinger wrote:
used to think that was a problem unique to Internet Explorer. Now I'm thinking that it may be a Patel joke or something.

Actually it happened while I was usíng Firefox (not IE) but who knows Wink

This time I write the post with IE and everything is fine - I will test it a little whether it depends on the browser or not.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 21:23 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More info

This has been happening a lot this past week…..keep getting "critical error…cannot connect to database server".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 21:30 Reply with quoteBack to top

denise posts:

sylvii wrote:
This has been happening a lot this past week…..keep getting "critical error…cannot connect to database server".

me, too. and this is different than the wireless connection dropouts i've mentioned elsewhere…
(FF, not IE)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 22:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

Gunslinger posts:

I got this this morning when I first tried to log on, but haven't seen it since:

Quote:
"critical error…cannot connect to database server".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:36 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

I've been getting it, too, from time to time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 19:39 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

hehehe….right on time today, 'critical error', etc., 11:30 PST ..always happens at that time. Dunno' what time that is in Germany, though…isn't that where BF's server is? Interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 20:08 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

sylvii wrote:
hehehe….right on time today, 'critical error', etc., 11:30 PST ..always happens at that time. Dunno' what time that is in Germany, though…isn't that where BF's server is? Interesting.

As far as I know this is the hoster of BF: http://www.bluehost.com/

BTW I never have had a 'critical error' Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 20:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

hehehe…you are the lucky one, Marina. Wink Several of us have gotten the page where we can't access BF.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 20:19 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

sylvii wrote:
hehehe…you are the lucky one, Marina. Wink

Seems like I'm creating my reality quite properly Grinning

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 21:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

thumb way to go!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Today I had an interesting experience Smile. I visited this site and got a loading error (don't remember what the message was).

But I'm sure that if I hadn't read about these kind of errors in this thread I wouldn't have noticed it at all. Something like this happens often when you visit a website and then I just vistit another website or do something and shortly after when I try it again everything runs smoothly and I don't really notice errors.

But this time I was sensitized and the loading error was a "big" error that even prompted me to write this post Smile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 21:18 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

…couldn't get in earlier today…..couldn't get in just a little while ago, but voila! I was persistent and I'm finally in here.
This is happening everyday, middle of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 22:31 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

bogged down pretty thickly there for a while, but so did you tube and google.

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic