Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

This Forum and Site (News, Problems, Odds and Ends)

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:29 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Thanks, Markus! I've bookmarked that so I can check it if this keeps occurring.

Sidenote: first couple of days, it was afternoon here. Today, it was 9 a.m. in morning [here]. …dunno' if that really has any bearing on it.

hehehe…even if it is my perception, it is coinciding with your server's recent update….glitches didn't occur until after that.

BUT…..again, my perception, so I'm going to pay attention to that to see if I can notice any energy shift as I go about my business. thumb

Perhaps I'll just keep track of board times when this occurs. As I left here and went to other forum….couldn't get pages to open there…had to close out page. Went to link but it said 'updated' today (or rather 29th) and status ok.

The board time was: Jan 30, 2;34 a.m.

Again, I'm still wondering if this is related to my using IE, relative to their recent update?

p.s. You realize, of course, this is really no big deal…..and, that I'm just rambling on about this because there are no discussions going on and I just wanted to talk. roflmao

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:59 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

AAARRRGGHHH! Image

2:54 a.m. …to post reply, since page won't fully download (ie.,"one item remaining"), I have to click the 'stop' button> click 'back'> and then go back into forum.

hehehe….am I a pain in the ass, or what? Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:46 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

sylvii wrote:
The board time was: Jan 30, 2;34 a.m.

Sylvii, when I understand this correctly then the board time differs from your timezone? You can select your individual timezone in your profile Smile ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 16:03 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

I think I tried once in profile to do my time zone but didn't know the hours difference.

My time here PDT is 7 hours later than the board here. ie.,right now it's 3:01 pm board time but it's only 7:01 a.m. here.

Maybe I'll go see if I can 'fiddle' with profile…… thumb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 23:08 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

sylvii wrote:
I think I tried once in profile to do my time zone but didn't know the hours difference.

My time here PDT is 7 hours later than the board here. ie.,right now it's 3:01 pm board time but it's only 7:01 a.m. here.

Maybe I'll go see if I can 'fiddle' with profile…… thumb

Board time is GMT-4 I think, pacific time may be GMT -9 or something like that.

Markus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:46 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

Markus, i like that when i visit and am not logged in the exploring the shift forum is aligned in center font.

is there a way i could integrate that feature to when i am logged in?
i like to see that display always..its a conceptual wave. its a more likeable presentation. …its different from other forums…

when i log in and the see all the posts shoved to the left they lose power.
i think all topic headings should be aligned in center font.

Grinning

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:29 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Rob_Niven wrote:
Markus, i like that when i visit and am not logged in the exploring the shift forum is aligned in center font.

is there a way i could integrate that feature to when i am logged in?
i like to see that display always..its a conceptual wave. its a more likeable presentation. …its different from other forums…

when i log in and the see all the posts shoved to the left they lose power.
i think all topic headings should be aligned in center font.

Grinning

Actually it's not supposed to do that (show text centered). Where does that happen? And which browser are you using?

Sorry, changing the whole forum to centered is currently not an option (bunch of work for a new style and I doubt many would use it).

Markus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:57 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

windows xp, version… 7.0

its cool, dont worry about fixing it. its obviously myself communicating with itself. Grinning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 17:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

Yo - Admin Dude Wink

Sorry couldn't resist -

Markus Smile,
Got a question - polls - Is there a way to create a poll with anonymous fill-ins? - Meaning don''t want to have pre-written multiple-guess answers - but allow for anonymous written ones? (Have an idea for a brainstorming question of sorts)

-- Thanks
-- Eric Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 18:43 Reply with quoteBack to top

bunseam posts:

Hi ! Eric, Regarding your last post, I just registered a high reading on my mischief meter!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Hi All,

I'm currently hardly visiting the forum (have not been here for almost a week) and I guess it will continue for some more time. So if there's anything which you need from me or where you think it needs my attention, please PM me and i'll be notified via email. Or better email me directly at m.schmidt { at } emtec.com

Markus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 21:21 Reply with quoteBack to top

Admin posts:

There seems to have been some discussion lately about board styles (I missed it though), so Cath sent me a few more style templates, which I installed just a moment ago.

I have not looked at them, but they are
adinfinitum
aluminoid
daj_glass
tjm1
xand

I just put them in as they come (no tweaks), if there's something wrong with them let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Markus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 21:30 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Cool, Markus! I'll check them out. (actually, it wasn't any big deal…just me 'whining'…you know how I can be… Grinning )

You've done a great job here, so it wsn't anything directed at you….it's just about how some colors and contrasts appear to me. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 21:32 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

The DAJ Glass is really neat! …..just had to come say that before I checked out the rest.

Tjm1 is looking pretty good, also!

Ad Infinitum is great contrast.

Markus, thanks for all the effort you put forth….it is appreciated. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 23:21 Reply with quoteBack to top

catherine posts:

Admin wrote:
There seems to have been some discussion lately about board styles (I missed it though), so Cath sent me a few more style templates, which I installed just a moment ago.

I concur with sylvii, Markus - your effort is indeed most appreciated!

It is nice to have some styles with a stronger contrast - I especially enjoy ad infinitum because I've occasionally created physical versions of Elias looking very similarly to the head at the top - kind of neat in a creepy way Smile

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic