Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

This Forum and Site (News, Problems, Odds and Ends)

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 15:33 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Hey, that's fascinating! how can you tell when anyone is checking private messages?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 15:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Marina wrote:
Just recently I looked "who is online" at Blueflash and there were "guests" checking private messages. Thats a hint that they weren´t "guests" as you must be logged in to view private messages.

Quite odd. I'd really be surprised if a bot could enter the private message area because a bot is nothing else than a regular user and can't go anywhere beyond where a regular user can go.

Markus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 16:09 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Markus, I was just looking thru the beginnings of your Dictionary….you put a lot of work into it….into the whole board, as a matter of fact. thumb

While reading thru dictionary, I found myself hoping you would include words that neither Gerhach's Index/definitions or Elias glossary/forum-search have in their listings.

hehehe….I've lost track of the number of times I've gone looking for a word that was used by Elias (in what seemed a significant manner) only to find it not listed.

Anyway…..keep up the good work! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 16:29 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

sylvii wrote:
While reading thru dictionary, I found myself hoping you would include words that neither Gerhach's Index/definitions or Elias glossary/forum-search have in their listings.

hehehe….I've lost track of the number of times I've gone looking for a word that was used by Elias (in what seemed a significant manner) only to find it not listed.

Hey Sylvii, what words/definitions do you want to see?

BTW, you can add them too you know (everyone can play in the Sandbox, I think). At the Sandbox page, you can create a link and a page holder for a word you want to see added – and even if you don't want to add the definition information yourself or don't have time right off the bat, the page holder exists and others will see that and then may add information from the Elias sessions. Smile

Marisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 16:41 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Hey Sylvii, what words/definitions do you want to see?

hehehe….I 'should' have kept a list of them…if I'd of known there was going to be BlueFlash and dictionary, I would have….but will keep track of them from this point on.

Marisa wrote:
BTW, you can add them too you know (everyone can play in the Sandbox, I think). At the Sandbox page, you can create a link and a page holder for a word you want to see added – and even if you don't want to add the definition information yourself or don't have time right off the bat, the page holder exists and others will see that and then may add information from the Elias sessions.

I tried reading thru all of that and there is 'way too much' there for me to comprehend….felt like I was, once again, reading an alien language. So, I just figured I'd pass until it made sense to me. Grinning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 17:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

sylvii wrote:
I tried reading thru all of that and there is 'way too much' there for me to comprehend….felt like I was, once again, reading an alien language. So, I just figured I'd pass until it made sense to me. Grinning

That's cool! Cool

If you think of a word you want to see you can probably just post it on The Elias Wiki Dictionary thread – then someone else can add it to the dictionary. thumb

(Okay, now I'm feeling really ookie since I'm speaking out of turn for Markus. Shocked)

Marisa
(shutting up now silenced )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 18:30 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Yep, I've got a few words now, so I'll post them…..after I add some more to list. thumb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 22:21 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

What a lively 'space' (ie.,board) this getting to be! hot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:26 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob_Niven posts:

if we all stopped by for dinner at your home, what would you cook?
Question

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:24 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Rob_Niven wrote:
if we all stopped by for dinner at your home, what would you cook?
Question

Essence stew! Big Grin 2

Markus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 21:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

Admin posts:

Hello All!

I played a bit with the syles.

The "FI SubsilverShadow" which was the previous default has been renamed to "BlueFlash Classic" and those of you who did use that should automatically have that active now.

The new default style (go to the profile and select forum style) is called "BlueFlash", so if anyone wants to move to the style which is displayed if you're not logged in … that's the one. (It may take a bit time to get used to but has a much cleaner and less cluttered layout and a font and general impression which should match the rest of the site better).

The stanard default style for PHPBB (the forum software) is stil there and called subSilver. And the other colored styles (green, pink, etc.) are also still there.

Enjoy

Markus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 23:33 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Admin wrote:
(It may take a bit time to get used to but has a much cleaner and less cluttered layout and a font and general impression which should match the rest of the site better).

Yep it is a bit unfamiliar - but I understand your motivation that all pages of Blueflash have the same style. And I think you was very successful in this regard Very Happy .

sign coolcreation

Marina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:55 Reply with quoteBack to top

ecrosset posts:

Markus wrote:
Essence stew!

Did anybody else notice? - it tastes just like chickenImage . It's pretty tasty, but I keep having to pick flecks of Rose out of my teeth.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 17:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Markus, in Private Messages, what is difference between 'sent box' and 'out box'? I sent someone private message, but instead of showing up in 'sent messages', it is sitting in 'out box'. Does that mean it's been sent? if not, how do I get it to send? I already 'submitted (when posted as new pm but it's in 'outbox'.

Help?

sylvii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 17:43 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

sylvii wrote:
Markus, in Private Messages, what is difference between 'sent box' and 'out box'? I sent someone private message, but instead of showing up in 'sent messages', it is sitting in 'out box'. Does that mean it's been sent? if not, how do I get it to send? I already 'submitted (when posted as new pm but it's in 'outbox'.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it remains in the Outbox until the recipient actually opened it (and until then you can still edit or delete it).

Markus

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic