Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

A little bit 'bout Spartanessa...

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 17:53 Reply with quoteBack to top

Spartanessa posts:

Hi Gang. Spartanessa here….but you can call me Georgia. I'm new to BF and enjoying the interaction, the topics and generous and accepting attitude of this forum.

A few tidbits about moi… I live on what we like to call the 3rd Coast.. Galveston . I was born here in 1964. Raised by two incredible parents, and 2 older sisters (after all I did choose them Grinning ) I was considered the black sheep of the family, now called wise smart ass… and proud of the title. Grinning Raised to be a good little greek girl with the religious foundation in Greek Orthodox.

My childhood can be described as different as I had "dreams" that scared the shit out of me and my parents. Dreams… a child could not possible explain.. Now I "know".. I was having OBEs.. out of body experiences and other experiences. I was slipping thru the veil at a very early age. Shrinks and doc's didn't understand… I did have a priest that did! (He's visits me in my dreams now) A tough time for my mother as she experienced all the same stuff during her childhood too. Thought she gave me "her disease" Now we have a very close and loving relationship and we know WHY it was/is happening. Hell, we're all infected!

Studied Art, Art history, Zoology in college…some religious studies..(mostly on my own)… read and continue some books on metaphysics mystical studies, philosophy, Jung, Freud, Castaneda, Transcendentalism, Sufi, all the new age stuff in the 80's & 90's, alchemy, dreams, Wicca, Buddhism (various), Christian studies, and anything I could get my hands on. It was around the time I was living in Austin during my college days that I noticed "consciousness"… (the Oh, shit it's bigger than me but is me feeling) I was experiencing something for the first time and it was AMAZING. That's when I decided to continue what I loved.. the Visual ARTS. I was learning to be true to myself… and not fulfilling all the needs of others.. especially my parents. I was no longer my parents daughter… but learning to be myself.

It was around that time I had the need to travel…Excited at the opportunity to see the world. It all started with camping during spring breaks in New Mexico..then made my way to Mexico and deeper and deeper into mesoamerica. There I experienced solace and peace, turmoil and fear, familiarity, ghosts, and me. A cluster of feelings overwhelmed my spirit during this time of my life. Still doing so!

I've lived all over the country, travelled the world and beyond, experienced incredible relationships with people and animals Very Happy , cohabitated with some incredible partners and friends, married a potter (and survived 14 years.. HA!), I was sick on and off and bedridden for about a 5 years back in my 30's…(all I could do was sleep and dream during this time – my urban walkabout) I was told that I had various illnesses.. mostly they said..Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Uh, yeah. I told myself… uh, I don’t think so. Feel fit and fabulous now. thumb … okay back to the cool stuff..adopted a beautiful daughter from China … and the rest well.. I'm here, and there, and not going anywhere. It is all as it should be.. and I'm finding more stuff under the precious rocks I notice beneath my feet. Though I try not to step on them when they're glowing. Wink I'm a space cadet and lovin it. I laugh at myself all the time tease Grinning I'm Milument/Ilda. hot

I dream, I see, I know, I feel passionately, I draw you in thru my body like water pouring into a glass, I see you in me – me in you, I enjoy the night and nature, plants and flowers hear me and talk to me, I have visual stories/chronicles in my head, I care deeply, I flow effortlessly, I swim in this ocean without shorelines, I swim with dolphins, I'm a dream walker, oh, and I DANCE… tribal belly dance love , I play the violin, enjoy movies and characters in movies especially when I see myself in them, I design urban and tribal costuming, I laugh LOUDLY yahoo , I enjoy life and much more. And, I love cats, dolphins, whales, and I drive a Subaru with animal faux fur seats. LOL.

Back in 2007 I was meditating, allowing, asking, and opening up possibilities in my life (I have difficult time "asking" for anything)… I had a desire to *unfold*.. a friend to guide me and share with me some of these incredible experiences …. I met Todd in Jan 2008. He's a beautiful and generous spirit. hug and from what I hear a fabo drummer. And then came Elias. He speaks to me, listens, and embraces life with me. Smile

Namaste', peace and oddles of love and rocks,
love
Georgia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 19:08 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

wow! hug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 19:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

sylvii posts:

Very cool, Georgia! ….and, thanks for sharing you here. hug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 19:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Dear Longhorn. Are you sure you arent Vold? WHere did you meet Todd? Our todd? And what do you think of Rembrandt? Know anyone with CFS, tell em to emal me, I had it and cured it simply and quickly and can tell em how I did it.

I guess its unanimous. No one comes to Elias , or maybe any ghost , who has not experienced some aspect of the woo woo world. Otherwise they wouldnt consider all this to be so.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 20:11 Reply with quoteBack to top

Spartanessa posts:

Hi Steve. A Vold? Not sure, but always up for ideas and change! Please do tell me why you think so. shifty I see a little of myself in all the essence families.

Yes, our Todd. Grinning I met Gunslinger at a Tribal Belly Dance Workshop where I was vending my wares and taking classes. We took a drumming class together.

Georgia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 20:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

Spartanessa posts:

On Rembrandt… didn't he die poor and alone?

I think he attempted to release his inhibitions and reach out further to represent his feelings towards humanity – the essence of huminity..something he felt within himself perhaps? It is a little sad what I feel when I see his work. Kinda like he's stuck in this heavy dark glob… between the political aspect of being a painter and his inner passion just to paint. His most powerful work rests in his etchings - at least I think so Smile . They speak volumes to his deep emotional essence… I can relate to these pictorial drawings due to their short sketchy spontaneous representation of drama, texture and pensive nature. I feel the same when I sketch out my initial ideas. It is that initial expression or idea that floats my boat.
I believe he had some issues with his eyes where he viewed images as flat… not a bad handicap when painting "the light" I do enjoy his interest in humanity thru his paintings tho…still, his etchings scream all his passion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 21:07 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Spartanessa wrote:
Hi Steve. A Vold? Not sure, but always up for ideas and change! Please do tell me why you think so. shifty I see a little of myself in all the essence families.

Yes, our Todd. Grinning I met Gunslinger at a Tribal Belly Dance Workshop where I was vending my wares and taking classes. We took a drumming class together.

Georgia

You move a lot, (your location), youre rebelliouis, your passionate, dead ringer, iso it was TOdd that lured you into the Elias cult, eh?

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 21:10 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Spartanessa wrote:

I think he attempted to release his inhibitions and reach out further to represent his feelings towards humanity – the essence of huminity..something he felt within himself perhaps? It is a little sad what I feel when I see his work. Kinda like he's stuck in this heavy dark glob… between the political aspect of being a painter and his inner passion just to paint. His most powerful work rests in his etchings - at least I think so Smile . They speak volumes to his deep emotional essence… I can relate to these pictorial drawings due to their short sketchy spontaneous representation of drama, texture and pensive nature. I feel the same when I sketch out my initial ideas. It is that initial expression or idea that floats my boat.
I believe he had some issues with his eyes where he viewed images as flat… not a bad handicap when painting "the light" I do enjoy his interest in humanity thru his paintings tho…still, his etchings scream all his passion.

Well thats an impressive analysis. ALl I know about him is that dude could paint.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 21:22 Reply with quoteBack to top

Spartanessa posts:

(SHIT… I don't know how to post your post within my post) Whatever!

You move a lot, (your location), youre rebelliouis, your passionate, dead ringer, iso it was TOdd that lured you into the Elias cult, eh?

Steve

Okay so I move a lot and have a big heart. EMOnessa. Well… Maybe I should never proclaim myself so before asking the big bro? Are you a Vold, Steve?

I'm not sure Todd lured me into anything…. but yes, did introduce me to the eliasforum.org

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 23:05 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Spartanessa wrote:
(SHIT… I don't know how to post your post within my post) Whatever!

Steve

Okay so I move a lot and have a big heart. EMOnessa. Well… Maybe I should never proclaim myself so before asking the big bro? Are you a Vold, Steve?

Georgia, You forgot the rebel "black sheep" etc part. Sorry Georgia, like me, you are irrevocable Vold, like it or not , you are stuck with it. It will continue to haunt you until the day you die. You will move , and move, and move again. And when you are not moving, you will wish your were moving. And you will always like change. Thats why you studied so many different kinds of spiritual disciplins.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 23:12 Reply with quoteBack to top

Spartanessa posts:

Steve… yeah well…. let's just say "to be determined"… wait… did I just change my mind… Jeez.. I am feelin kinda Sumari today… Grinning

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 23:26 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Spartanessa wrote:
Steve… yeah well…. let's just say "to be determined"… wait… did I just change my mind… Jeez.. I am feelin kinda Sumari today… Grinning

No question about it, you are Sumari Vold. Soft , not thought.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 0:04 Reply with quoteBack to top

beth posts:

Georgia you can click on the thingie at the top right of the message that says "quote"-- it will quote the message and take you to the reply page with that message already in there. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:02 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ogean posts:

Spartanessa wrote:

Simon Schama did a wonderful PBS series the Power of Art on Rembrandt, David, Turner, etc. I observe Schama, and perhaps all of his subjects too. Grinning

Thanks for the very helpful background info! Wonderful!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:19 Reply with quoteBack to top

MirrorSelf posts:

Ok. Never listen to Steve.

It is fantastic to have another Milumet on the board. And your type of travel sounds Ilda to me.

I'm sure we will have much to talk about. I had the childhood "dreams" too, shifting easily between realities, and I flow energy the way you do in my waking perceptions. I love your simple joy and identify with your way of finding words to express what you perceive.

Also I am teaching myself tribal fusion bellydance from an ever growing collection of DVDs. I have some basic movements, and am beginning to link them together in more complex ways. I am just beginning to learn how to layer movements and I don't work with a group so I have yet to work with cues. I am fusing the tribal style with my own organic sense of dance, not with standardized "fusion". So I'm a beginner.

I think it is beautiful you and Todd met through bellydance and are both interested in spook material. It is such a joy for me to expand and create with my love and partner. Patternwalker or Mark and I met in 2004 and he has been the one to bring me to written material, both channeled and not, that reflected what I was more directly perceiving through my connection with myself/all that is.

Have you looked into your own impressions about your focus type? Thought, Political, Emotional, or Religious? Your history here seems to involve a long research into many religions. Is your life intent religious/spiritual in nature? I curious about your life intention, why you manifested "here".

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic