Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Running gags

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 22:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Here's a thread to keep track of running gags (to help newbies to tap into our sense of humor).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 22:37 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Elias Boot Camp.

http://www.blueflash.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1773#1773

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 22:46 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

NIRAA and Chicken.

This goes back to an old thread on NWV
(this thread is quite hilarious, it sort of started to drift off into humor land in the middle and then entirely got out of hand in a follow up thread … well worth reading if you have some spare time).

However, in somewhere in the middle the first thread the discussion revolved about building cults around the dead guy material and of Eric asked jokingly if that meant that he would no longer be allowed to bite off chicken heads as part of his NIRAA practise and that he thought that the "R" in NIRAA stood for "remove chicken head", so Bean recently wrote NIchickenAA.

Also, the Guideline on the home page of this site about making jokes was the result from the discussion about cults (SCOTCHBAM the Secret Cult of the Chicken Head Biting Ascended Masters and SCOTCHBEER the Secret Cult of The Chicken Head Biting Extremely Enlightened Reverends).

Markus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 23:05 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

The Wave of Lewdness

I don't know the exact origin of that one, but Kaust (now named Tart) at some point believed to have observed a Wave of Lewdness (in analogy to the waves of Elias' shift, e.g. wave of truth, etc.). So it's all shift thing … Smile

Markus

(Yet unconfirmed, but usually well informed sources (or at last such with an unusually lively imagination or dirty phantasy) report that the next wave after the wave of lewdness will be the wave of sluttyness).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 23:10 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Being Demure or Slutty

This is the synonym for Marisa (Bean). It's her first, middle and last name (her Passport says Demure "Demure" Demure) … she just can't figure out if she likes it, how to live up to it or if it's a good thing alltogether … especially in the light of the wave of lewdness Smile

But it's a nice contrast to our board slut Tart (Kaust) who hijacked one of my focuses to proove how slutty he is and who invented the wave of lewdness (although unconfirmed sources report that his essence names is De-mure but he vigorously denies that).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:58 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bean posts:

Markus wrote:
! Being Demure or Slutty

This is the synonym for Marisa (Bean). It's her first, middle and last name (her Passport says Demure "Demure" Demure) … she just can't figure out if she likes it, how to live up to it or if it's a good thing alltogether … especially in the light of the wave of lewdness Smile

Well, it seems that word is gonna haunt me till I die. yikes

The other day, after posting to Myranda about Women Who Run with the Wolves, I decided to read a bit more and encountered this:

"While it is useful to make bridges even to those groups one does not belong to, and it is important to try to be kind, it is also imperative to not strive too hard, to not believe too deeply that if one acts just right, if one manages to tie down all the itches and twitches of the wildish criatura, that one can actually pass for a nice, restrained, subdued, and demure lady-woman."

I guess I may as well accept that it was always a losing battle. Shocked …sigh Rolling Eyes

rofl roflmao

Mr. Green

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:26 Reply with quoteBack to top

Myranda posts:

Bean wrote:
"While it is useful to make bridges even to those groups one does not belong to, and it is important to try to be kind, it is also imperative to not strive too hard, to not believe too deeply that if one acts just right, if one manages to tie down all the itches and twitches of the wildish criatura, that one can actually pass for a nice, restrained, subdued, and demure lady-woman."

I guess I may as well accept that it was always a losing battle. Shocked …sigh Rolling Eyes

hug Grinning That is a cool quote… I am so glad you reminded me of the book… I am definitely now paying attention to allow for all of my tribal qualities …. hm… and I also want to be visited by the dragon focus of Elias, Tirao. Dragons are cool in assisting for the allowance of the inner wild woman. And Rob/Niven of course Grinning and… hm… after all my essence animal is a cat and they do what they like Smile And my unicorn focus animal has a horn Smile what do you think is your focus animal, Marisa?

rofl roflmao

Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 14:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

I'll use a pointer to these posts and this thread to what will sure become another running gag (about an detacheable -err- body part) as an excuse to bump up this thread for the benefits of new users Smile

Markus

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic