Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

HI!!!

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:16 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bennett posts:

hey alex, im also big into music and i use it as a tool to understand myself. im an intermediate tumold that is aligned ilda, and my passion in life IS music. some intermediate musicians that ive come across(havent confirmed them with elias but they seem intermediate to me)

jim morrison

morrisey

bob dylan

aphex twin

george harrison

billy corgan from the smashing pumpkins

eric clapton

jimi hendrix

jimmy page of led zeppelin

neil young

norah jones

andre 3000 of outkast

syd barrett

i have alot more that i suspect are intermediates. they are becoming easier and easier to pick out from a group of commons/softs. of course all 3 orientations are not black and white, the edges are blurred perhaps non-existent, but i enjoy exploring sexuality and sexual orientations so maybe we can have some interesting conversations. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:14 Reply with quoteBack to top

Bennett posts:

ps, i had never heard of the eels until i saw your post. i just checked pitchfork and right on the main page is a review for an eels album. synchy, guess i'll have to check them out now Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:23 Reply with quoteBack to top

derelic7 posts:

hello alex! cool to see another musician here! you have an excellent taste in guitars. i'm digging your energy. peace!
bennett: if your aphex twin impression is correct i'm officially changing orientation.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 18:16 Reply with quoteBack to top

Lktpzyxm posts:

ALEXANDER wrote:
Do you know any Tumold, Milumet or intermediate musicians?

Don't know for sure, but I've long thought that Robert Fripp feels Milumet/Sumafi to me, and Carlos Santana feels both Tumold and Milumet. John McLaughlin pops into my head now as maybe Sumari/Milumet. Tumold guitarists, maybe Richard Thompson? Duane Allman? Ali Farke Toure?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 18:49 Reply with quoteBack to top

Lktpzyxm posts:

Bennett wrote:
hey alex, im also big into music and i use it as a tool to understand myself. im an intermediate tumold that is aligned ilda, and my passion in life IS music. some intermediate musicians that ive come across(havent confirmed them with elias but they seem intermediate to me)

jim morrison
morrisey
bob dylan
aphex twin
george harrison
billy corgan from the smashing pumpkins
eric clapton
jimi hendrix
jimmy page of led zeppelin
neil young
norah jones
andre 3000 of outkast
syd barrett

i have alot more that i suspect are intermediates. they are becoming easier and easier to pick out from a group of commons/softs.

Interesting list, Bennett. Not that you do this, reminds me that my first tendency is to think that all my favorite musicians are intermediate. Grinning Of those I've listened to in yours, Morrison definitely feels soft to me, Corgan also I'd suspect is soft. Hendrix I don't feel clear about, but feels like he could be soft to me. The others in your list (haven't really listened to Morrisey or Jones or Andre 3000) pretty much feel intermediate to me too, altho for some reason I feel like Clapton and/or Dylan might be common. But who knows? Seems like I can only think of about a dozen musicians this morning, but a few others that feel intermediate to me: Joanna Newsom, PJ Harvey (also feels religiously-focused), Robert Fripp (might be common), Skip James, Otis Spann, Son House, Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, Keith Jarrett, Henry Kaiser.

Bennet wrote:
of course all 3 orientations are not black and white, the edges are blurred perhaps non-existent,

Not according to Elias maybe, but I've definitely come to agree with you in some respects. Lately I've been thinking of the categories of orientation that Elias has given as an approximation, one model, and looked at a little more finely or differently one could have more categories of orientation. Until recently I'd generally thought of orientation as one's locus of perception along a continuum of outer to inner. From this perspective, common, soft, intermediate, yeah I can definitely see it. But lately I've been looking at it taking the view that anyone of any orientation can move their locus of perception to any point along this continuum, and their orientation is an aspect not of where they are but how they shape whatever they perceive from whatever point they're at, and their motion at that point. How they fit it together, and what shape and motion they make/take as they do. From this perspective, the three categories can still make some sense, but others begin to emerge for me that might fit better. Can't say more about it, just starting to explore it.

Edit: and one's positioning is not necessarily pointlike, nor is the continuum necessarily linear.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:23 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

So whatever happened to this modern day Alexander the great. They come, and they go. They come , and they go.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:06 Reply with quoteBack to top

MirrorSelf posts:

ALEXANDER wrote:
Essence name: ALEXANDER

Family Belonging: Tumold

Family Aligning: Milumet

Orientation: Intermediate

Essence Animal: Bear, Focus Animal: Cat

Number of focuses: 1852

Essence color: brown

Focus color: bright red

Famous Focuses: 12: Jules Verne, Aleister Crowley, Hermann Hesse, Louis de Funes, Alexander von Humboldt, Vitruv (confirmed by Elias) new impressiones: Leonardo da Vinci, Ian Curtis, Benjamin Franklin

Present Focuses: 6

Yay! welcome, welcome, pretty man. Nice to meet Aleister Crowley. Always thought he was fascinating. I like your intent.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 21:58 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

BethanyBuffington wrote:

ALEXANDER wrote:
Essence name: ALEXANDER

Family Belonging: Tumold

Family Aligning: Milumet

Orientation: Intermediate

Essence Animal: Bear, Focus Animal: Cat

Number of focuses: 1852

Essence color: brown

Focus color: bright red

Famous Focuses: 12: Jules Verne, Aleister Crowley, Hermann Hesse, Louis de Funes, Alexander von Humboldt, Vitruv (confirmed by Elias) new impressiones: Leonardo da Vinci, Ian Curtis, …

(quote shortened by clean-bot)

Yay! welcome, welcome, pretty man. Nice to meet Aleister Crowley. Always thought he was fascinating. I like your intent.

Yeah right, Bethany, you admire Alexnders INTENT. LOL. BUt your too late with your shameless flirtation. Smile Alexander is long , long gone. Tis a pity. Im sure he is the only Austrian we will ever see here. .

Steve

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic