Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Hello to all!

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:15 Reply with quoteBack to top

maggie posts:

Oba - your pictures are beautiful! Would you mind telling me how big the originals are?

…I didn't understand the IQ post - am I being dense?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:11 Reply with quoteBack to top

bunseam posts:

Howdy, Maggie. Thanks! The drawing is about 12" by 8" The medium is: Ballpoint Pen, Graphite and Colored Pencil.

quote="maggie"]Oba - your pictures are beautiful! Would you mind telling me how big the originals are?

…I didn't understand the IQ post - am I being dense?[/quote]

I was goofing on the lyrics to Dylan's "Maggie's Farm"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 21:13 Reply with quoteBack to top

maggie posts:

ahhhh, no wonder I didn't get the IQ reference…. I have to admit that I only know the title line to the song! - think I'll go now and look up the rest of the lyrics -
m

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 22:06 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Maggie if you hear one more reference to a Maggie song in your lifetime will you go mad, ha ha? Well you have to admit that name has been the center of two of the most famous songs in pop history, especially the one where you made a first class fool out of me and then kicked me in the head.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 23:17 Reply with quoteBack to top

maggie posts:

…and next I suppose you'll tell me I led you away from home…

As E-man would say: that was YOUR CHOICE!!!!
hahahaha!

(It always amazes me when I meet someone and they make one of the song references and then act as if maybe it's the very first time I've heard it!!!! Ah well…..)

Maggie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 0:24 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

[quote]

As E-man would say: that was YOUR CHOICE!!!!
hahahaha!

[quote]

Ha ha. take that Rod and stop your whining. Smile

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:30 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

maggie wrote:
(It always amazes me when I meet someone and they make one of the song references and then act as if maybe it's the very first time I've heard it!!!! Ah well…..)

My name is also the title of one of the most popular songs of the sixties (in Germany and Italy). When I was a child I heard this song thousands of times and almost everyone knew the song and started to sing the refrain when they heard my name. Although the lyrics are flattering it was very embarrassing when I was a little girl Smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 21:34 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Marina wrote:

maggie wrote:

My name is also the title of one of the most popular songs of the sixties (in Germany and Italy). When I was a child I heard this song thousands of times and almost everyone knew the song and started to sing the refrain when they heard my name. Although the lyrics are flattering it was very embarrassing when I was a little girl Smile.

Marina, Marina, Marina,
dein Chic und dein Charme der gefällt,
Marina, Marina, Marina,

Ah yes Marina, Berlin in the sixties, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:35 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Stevelord wrote:

Very Happy Steve, have you ever been to Germany? Sometimes I don't know whether you are kidding or not Wink ? Is the song known in the US too?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 14:35 Reply with quoteBack to top

Stevelord posts:

Marina wrote:

Stevelord wrote:

Very Happy Steve, have you ever been to Germany? Sometimes I don't know whether you are kidding or not Wink ? Is the song known in the US too?

Uh, well, er, Ive been to Germany in my mind, in spirit. As you know, Ich bin ein Berliner . As for the song it was famous in many courtries and a version of it was sung by Dean Martin here in the US. And now of course the real Marina, you , are famous in the US too, thanks to the internet. Smile

Steve

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic