Log in   •   Log in to PM   •   Register  •   Profile   •  Search  •   Memberlist   •   FAQ

Site News 2021 (and later) ...

Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:20 Reply with quoteBack to top

Admin posts:

Feeling the forum's wrist: It has a pulse!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 13:03 Reply with quoteBack to top

Harri Sun posts:

love love love love love

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:26 Reply with quoteBack to top

denise posts:

jumper love

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:26 Reply with quoteBack to top

Ali_M posts:

Markus, I wonder if the site has a notify option for when ppl are quoted. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:35 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Ali_M wrote:
Markus, I wonder if the site has a notify option for when ppl are quoted. Very Happy

It does not, but I have been thinking about this already.

The point is, the software of this forum is a pretty old version.

I think newer versions of PHPBB have this feature (will have to check). Problem with newer version is, we would have to do a full forum reset (i.e. move to a brand new forum) because this one is too old to upgrade and has custom modifications.

Another benefit of the new forum software would be, that is is better suited for mobile phones (although I'm not sure if it is an actual benefit, because on mobiles people tend to write less verbose posts).

Markus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:36 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

I fixed the smilies yesterday, so that they are inserted into the text at the point where the cursor is (previously they were always added to the end).

This works only with the BlueFlash and subSilver theme (JFI in case someone is using a different theme).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rose posts:

Markus wrote:

I think newer versions of PHPBB have this feature (will have to check). Problem with newer version is, we would have to do a full forum reset (i.e. move to a brand new forum) because this one is too old to upgrade and has custom modifications.

i am not versed with these matters.
nevertheless a notion.
would it be possible to connect this old forum to a newer version, so that it is accessable, so to speak,
but the main new action would be on the more up to date, technically/software-wise seen, version?

can we take the emoticons along!?! they r just ever so lovely! Grinning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 17:58 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Rose_2 wrote:

Markus wrote:

i am not versed with these matters.
nevertheless a notion.
would it be possible to connect this old forum to a newer version, so that it is accessable, so to speak,
but the main new action would be on the more up to date, technically/software-wise seen, version?

can we take the emoticons along!?! they r just ever so lovely! Grinning

Importing the old content to a new forum would be pretty hard I think, 100s of potential problems.

Smileys, yes … a bit of work but of course we absolutely need those.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 18:00 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

You may notice a few weird characters (especially quotation marks from pasted text or something like that) is a few or the posts since we restarted.

There was a problem which should now be fixed. It's not really important, but if you see some, you can edit your posts and just type the correct characters there.

Markus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 18:11 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rose posts:

Markus wrote:
Importing the old content to a new forum would be pretty hard I think, 100s of potential problems.

i don't necessarily mean importing. correlating would be enough. but again. technically a greenhorn on this end.
glad we r on the same page regarding the emoticons. i (might) miss gifs. can/do we have active gifs?

or do we have them already and i just haven't noticed it yet (haven't looked either)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 18:27 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

Rose_2 wrote:

Markus wrote:

i don't necessarily mean importing. correlating would be enough. but again. technically a greenhorn on this end.
glad we r on the same page regarding the emoticons. i (might) miss gifs. can/do we have active gifs?

or do we have them already and i just haven't noticed it yet (haven't looked either)

What do you mean "correlating"?

I don't plan gifs (if you speak of stuff like giffy etc). I dislike them on most platforms I'm on and I don't want them on a platform I'm operating.

Anyway, let's see how this gains traction … maybe I'll do a test run with a new forum so that we can check the features (I have a phpbb3 forum sitting already for testing already anyway).

Markus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 18:36 Reply with quoteBack to top

Rose posts:

Markus wrote:
What do you mean "correlating"?

i had a clear notion hrs ago. atm it's gone. when it returns i shall answer.

Quote:
I don't plan gifs (if you speak of stuff like giffy etc). I dislike them on most platforms I'm on and I don't want them on a platform I'm operating.

ok. ur danceplace.

Quote:
Anyway, let's see how this gains traction …

Quote:
maybe I'll do a test run with a new forum so that we can check the features (I have a phpbb3 forum sitting already for testing already anyway).

(wasted on myself. but) potentially interesting for others.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 19:33 Reply with quoteBack to top

Marina posts:

Markus wrote:
… maybe I'll do a test run with a new forum

I am surprised how well this antique car runs … it feels like the old days sign coolcreationsign thnx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 15:43 Reply with quoteBack to top

denise posts:

Markus wrote:
Anyway, let's see how this gains traction … maybe I'll do a test run with a new forum so that we can check the features (I have a phpbb3 forum sitting already for testing already anyway).

i'm so happy to browse this forum for the nostalgia, but I must say, a new forum does have it's appeal too thumbs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 16:58 Reply with quoteBack to top

Markus posts:

I made a few changes so that the forum should be working reasonably well on mobile phones too.

It's not perfect and not supposed to be, but browsing the forum and reading topics should work.

Posting screen is broken on mobile.

Markus

Reply to topic
View next topic
View previous topic